Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

If it is GH I hope he only gets a contract until the end of May. Then we can asses how well he has done and if he should stay on or if we should go get Martin Jol or someone else.

... and if you were being offered the job with that track record would you see it as a vote of confidence in your appointment if your new boss was only prepared to give you a go for 9 months? I know what I'd do if someone did that to me.

No we just say that we give our managers rolling contracts, like MON had. Houllier has been out of the game for a few years and he did a poor job at Lyon and left Liverpool with many poor quality players that resulted in a 5th placed finish the season after he left despite the aquisition of a player as good as Alonso.

Houllier can be good and he can be poor. We simply don't know and I'd feel better knowing that he can be let go if we have an average season. Before he does more damage in the transfer market.

I just want Jol and think we can get him next summer is all. Why settle for the best of an average bunch when we don't really have to.

So basically you want us to offer Houllier a short contract because he's not your choice of manager. You want Jol to get a long contract, supposedly, because he is your favourite?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier has been out of the game for a few years and he did a poor job at Lyon

Won the league both years, didn't he?

I know that's like winning the league in Scotland with Celtic but still, not like he messed it up. In your post directly before this you've said 'the league never lies' after all.

tbf,its better than winning the league in Scotland,there are much better teams fighting for the league.

Houllier has been out of the game for a few years and he did a poor job at Lyon

Didnt he win the league with massive points total over the runners up? Fro what ive seen GH has rarely spent spent out of the top 6 in any league he has managed in...I think he will get Villa into the top 4. :)

I could win two titles with Lyon. That team was so much better than the rest of the league you hardly needed much managerial talent to win. It's how they went backwards in Europe that was a worry

He also quite Lyon because he needed a break.

My worry is all the poor signings he made, team deteriorated under his management. That's my worry. He'll go sign garbage.

I could win two titles with Lyon. That team was so much better than the rest of the league you hardly needed much managerial talent to win. He also quite Lyon because he needed a break.

My worry is all the poor signings he made, team deteriorated under his management. That's my worry. He'll go sign garbage.

Dont talk silly!

Rafa won the Champians League with squad he assembled so thats that arguement out the window!!!

The thing is that team that finished 5th also won the Champions League that year? So I think that nullifies your argument! Also Houllier won back to back titles the two years he was there, the second by a record amount!

The League never lies. Being insanely lucky in the Champions League does lie.

They never beat Chelsea, they had 6/7 minutes of madness against Milan and were totally outplayed for the rest of the game and they needed a late goal to get out of the group stages.

No the complete shambles that was their Premier League campaign shows they were a poor side.

I disagree buddy, I think it was Rafas fault for their poor league form. He let Michael Owen go to Real when he came in and failed to replace him with a goal scorer. At the end of that year not one Liverpool player had scored over 12 goals in the league!

He only signed garbage did he?

i'd say over half of his signings where compleat shite..i dont think he brought in the amount of hidden gems people like to think,the likes of markus babbel and didi hamann where well known as been good players,the same with Garry Mac..

I could win two titles with Lyon. That team was so much better than the rest of the league you hardly needed much managerial talent to win. It's how they went backwards in Europe that was a worry

We're all pretty used to signing garbage and still finishing 6th, maybe this time the garbage will at least have some fancy names.

Well I just don't like Houllier's record in the transfer market. I used to mock my Liverpool supporting mates becuase he bought rubbish like Diouf, Traore. Then when at Lyon he swapped Carew for Baros, which is one of the worst transfer decisions ever.

I don't buy into the 2 years of league titles at Lyon. Winning the league is par for the course, they were utterly dominant when he took over and he won for two years.

Nobody can make a case for him being good in the transfer market. Noone. So don't even try. I think he;s good in the other areas but cripples himself by poor transfer decisions.

Well I just don't like Houllier's record in the transfer market. I used to mock my Liverpool supporting mates becuase he bought rubbish like Diouf, Traore. Then when at Lyon he swapped Carew for Baros, which is one of the worst transfer decisions ever.

I don't buy into the 2 years of league titles at Lyon. Winning the league is par for the course, they were utterly dominant when he took over and he won for two years.

Nobody can make a case for him being good in the transfer market. Noone. So don't even try. I think he;s good in the other areas but cripples himself by poor transfer decisions.

Unbelievable. Only on Villa Talk would someone criticise the new manager by finding faults with winning 2 leagues on the bounce. Ludacris

Oh and changing my opinion of a manager just because he's going to become manager of our club is called being a hypocrite.
i'm sure the are loads on here that used to slag GH where managed liverpool,but now that he's on his way here there opinion is changing..

We're all pretty used to signing garbage and still finishing 6th, maybe this time the garbage will at least have some fancy names.

Bullshit. Martin O'Neill signed our whole f'n team and we did well every season. We all slated him for paying 12mil for Milner and 9mil for Ash. We were wrong, he was right. All the poor players he signed cost only a few mil.

Houllier is coming...

Jol isnt, not now, not in January, not at the end of the season, not ever...

Get used to a Frenchy in charge and get used to his shite signings (even tho he built a squad that together won the Champians League but some of us we conveniently forget about that wont we)

Onwards and upwards with Houllier in charge...in Gerard we trust!!!

:flag:

Oh and changing my opinion of a manager just because he's going to become manager of our club is called being a hypocrite.
i'm sure the are loads on here that used to slag GH where managed liverpool,but now that he's on his way here there opinion is changing..

Exactly, it's typical of Villatalk.

I'll change my opinion of Houllier if he proves me wrong and does a good job. But right now I'm worried about the future with him in change. I admit he has the managerial skills to do well this season, but it's after he starts spending money that the tide turns.

Bullshit. Martin O'Neill signed our whole f'n team and we did well every season. We all slated him for paying 12mil for Milner and 9mil for Ash. We were wrong, he was right. All the poor players he signed cost only a few mil.

Davies £10m

Sidwell £5m

Heskey £50,000 per week wages

Downing £12m when we could have had Johnson for £6m

Shorey £4m

If thats not spunking cash then i dont know what is?