Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

The more I think about Maradona, the more I like the idea of him at Villa.

Completely insane, I know, but he does have a way of galvanizing his players behind the cause. It would be worth it from an entertainment angle alone!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Daily Mail have published a story stating that Houllier will be manager. They seem very certain of it and papers don't usually state things like this as fact unless they are pretty sure of it.

Was that he one earlier where the headline did not match the article?

Also it is the Daily Mail...

... who in Neil Moxley have probably the journalist closest to the inside of VP. don't dismiss it because its the Daily Heil.

He is a Small Heath fan though...

That is true but he had the sense to watch us from the Holte End in his youth.

Gerrard would have been world class no matter who was in charge

I disagree - I seem to remember how a lot of people were saying how a certain player was the best they had ever seen at youth level, best player Villa have ever produced etc etc. his name?

Luke Moore.

Its all about how you work with youngsters, how you introduce them and how you keep their mind on football when they are breaking into a team.

Houllier? why if he is so good has he had no job? stinks of the cheaper option to me, although he realised Heskey was shite and jogged him on at Liverplop,just a shame the transfer window is shut!

Not happy with seeing some weird managerial structure at the club, a surefire way of creating disharmony and disjointed football.

If we want Houllier, bring him in and let him choose the team around him, not force upon him a coach/assistant or whatever the role may be.

Not happy with seeing some weird managerial structure at the club, a surefire way of creating disharmony and disjointed football.

If we want Houllier, bring him in and let him choose the team around him, not force upon him a coach/assistant or whatever the role may be.

I agree with this, i don;t think Houllier is the best man for the job but don't try and complicate things.

Sometimes this works though - Brian Kidd at Man City - Thompson was there when Houllier was at Liver - if they get along and have similar ideas, it will work brilliantly.

I agree with this, i don;t think Houllier is the best man for the job but don't try and complicate things.

Remember the success that was Houllier & Evans? :?