Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Staunton and MacDonald working together? Thats not dream team material thats nightmare city!

It's Houllier working with MacDonald. Staunton as the assistant will be carrying the big bag of balls from the equipment room to the pitch and picking them all up afterwards.

How does an interview end in contretemps though

really?? Not the best way to sell yourself by all accounts.

I have absolutely no idea...and it may all just be mischief making by the press of course. So sorry Sven about the post if you're watching..

I was only joking..........ALLEGEDLY!!

Staunton was there on Sunday, I saw him walking towards the North Stand with Ian Taylor. I imagine if KMac is going to be involved he will be part of the team.

Must say if this comes true I'll be very disappointed. In fact that is an understatement. When MON walked I was a little shocked and disappointed mainly because we were once again in turmoil and the dream we all had a few years back looked like it was dying before our very eyes with just a week before the season. I also assumed at the time that it may be Ashley Young related. As a day or two passed, I was quite excited by a new manager coming in, a change in style, a change in the type of players we may sign, a fresh start.

I will of course give whoever gets the job my support and I hope they ram my words down my throat in the next few years but that doesn't change the fact that this is pretty far from what I was hoping for.

So Staunton and MacDonald working together? Thats not dream team material thats nightmare city!

" Mr Ireland...Stan & I have been reviewing your Statutory Sick Pay notification...and we just wanted to ascertain EXACTLY what the reason for your absence was again, we couldn't quite read your handwriting?!!"

Come on people, Bob Bradley was the firm favourite to take over, then Sven, then the Hitzfeld rumours, then Moyes looked like he was coming, then it looked almost deifnite that K Mac would be offered the job, then Curbishley, and now Houllier + K Mac.

It's all speculation. The media know as much as we do.

If Staunton joins in any capacity I will put serious thought into disowning Villa.

I cant believe how anyone could write that. See you later then, you wont be missed. Its fans like you that give this club a bad name

I think some people just want an excuse not to support Villa.

Unless Randy gets us a Hiddink or a Hitzfeld I reckon there'll be some people who will be ready to go into a fit of rage and say how they're tearing up their season ticket and wont support Villa anymore. Mark my words.

If Houllier is hired as a DOF with KMac as manager then the bookies will pay out on KMac and not on Houllier. Oh how I'll laugh :lol:

oh damn. :evil:

what if Houllier is DOF and KMD is coach.

then we have nobody with title of manager - who do the bookies pay out on then? :?

If Staunton joins in any capacity I will put serious thought into disowning Villa.

I cant believe how anyone could write that. See you later then, you wont be missed. Its fans like you that give this club a bad name

I think some people just want an excuse not to support Villa.

Unless Randy gets us a Hiddink or a Hitzfeld I reckon there'll be some people who will be ready to go into a fit of rage and say how they're tearing up their season ticket and wont support Villa anymore. Mark my words.

I'm sure your right.I would however suggest that what some people say and what they'll actually do are miles apart.

We all have one thing in common in wanting the best for Aston Villa Football Club. Now when the manager or management "team" is announced some will inevitably be disappointed and show that disappointment on here which is what you'd expect on an internet message board.