Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being serious now. I think Stan will only be a coach. The important tactical decisions will be between GH and K Mac. And to be honest, GH is pretty tactically astute. Didn't his team knock out Real Madrid in the Champs League 2 seasons running? So the discussions between him and K mac will be pretty productive IMO. GH will also allow us to play a good brand of football with the talented players we have at the club, give the young lads a chance to impress (Not as a whole team but as a small cog in the first team) and he will improve our scouting network to get talent from all over the world. I for sure wouldn't mind seeing the next Fred or Juninho in Claret and Blue!

Being serious now…. And to be honest, GH is pretty tactically astute.

Is he? He didn't show much evidence of that at Liverpool, he had one tactic, which was "pass it to Michael Owen", he even seemed to play it when Owen was injured, like he forgot Owen wasn't on the teamsheet

Fran you're clearly upset because one of todays papers has mentioned a persons name that you don't like....It doesn't mean that it's true, it's the media ffs they've been wrong almost every day this week.

eh? the media wrong?

you mean there isnt a london bus on the moon?

It was a Lancaster Bomber and it mysteriously disappeared a few months later :mrgreen:

GH spent 80 million net in 5 years compared to MONs 90m in 4. He won an fa cup,league cup and uefa. Also finished top 4 more than once and one season 7 points off winning the league. Let's look at his positives and give him a chance hey?

Is he? He didn't show much evidence of that at Liverpool, he had one tactic, which was "pass it to Michael Owen", he even seemed to play it when Owen was injured, like he forgot Owen wasn't on the teamsheet

Why wouldn't you play "pass it to Owen"...He was on the top of his game back then scoring 24, 28, 28 in 3 seasons.....It looks like it worked to me.

What about his tactics at Lyon Bicks? Or do they not count? Did well in Champs League (including beating Madrid a couple times).

Who was that manager Pompey had? His tactics in the French League were supposedly awesome too! And the guy who managed Rangers too. As for beating Real Madrid, wasn't really that hard as they've never really had a defence, Liverpool smashed them 4-0 at Anfield.

GH spent 80 million net in 5 years compared to MONs 90m in 4. He won an fa cup,league cup and uefa. Also finished top 4 more than once and one season 7 points off winning the league. Let's look at his positives and give him a chance hey?

^^^ This, This and This again!

Some people will talk down any manager that comes in....They've not even given him 1 game to prove himself, but I would hope they would give him more than just the one.....I doubt it.

I've heard a lot about GH buying foriegn players that flopped. So if they were English and flopped it would be ok would it? It seemed to be for MON. There is something slighty xenophobic in that attitude if you ask me.

Why wouldn't you play "pass it to Owen"...He was on the top of his game back then scoring 24, 28, 28 in 3 seasons.....It looks like it worked to me.

The problem was playing pass it to Owen when Owen wasn't on the pitch!

Any new Manager should be given a chance, however I feel that the incoming man this time will get very little time with the supporters if he is not the person they wanted and feel he is just filling a gap.

If Houllier is the new Manager we have to give him a chance to prove himself,although he will say he has nothing to prove!

I've heard a lot about GH buying foriegn players that flopped. So if they were English and flopped it would be ok would it? It seemed to be for MON. There is something slighty xenophobic in that attitude if you ask me.

His flop percentage was far far far higher than MON's.