Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he didnt do too badly at liverpool. has a goo reputation in europe i would welcome him. be better than sven, southagte or curbishly

He spent 15m on Diao and Diouf, he earns a no just for that :lol:

He's also old, had health issues in the past and seems comfortable in his new role for France. Not a chance imo.

I can sleep easy, you arent actually selecting our manager luckily.

jesus your expectations are too high

He spent 15m on Diao and Diouf, he earns a no just for that

our ex managr spent 4m on harewood, 3.5m on heskey and 5m on sidwell!!

fergie spent how much on djemba, anderson and kleberson! every manager signs a few duds

he didnt do too badly at liverpool. has a goo reputation in europe i would welcome him. be better than sven, southagte or curbishly

You're kidding right? Bought a load of shit overpriced players at plop and renowned for his long ball football!

No thanks!

Sven is the only one who is available and who'd fit the bill.

I would prefer Hiddink but no way he'd come to us.

People balking at the thought of Sven coming to us, his managerial record is pretty impressive - he has won more stuff than MON, yet people seem to think the sun shines out of MON's ass.... yet Sven who did a decent job with England is no good.

If you ask me, he'd be perfect for us.

You're kidding right? Bought a load of shit overpriced players at plop and renowned for his long ball football!

No thanks!

and you think sven plays better football? with that negative diamond formation he uses? in addition he will be probably be hoping to the strip bars with carew.

he would big wages and huge pay off if he was sacked. no thanks

I can sleep easy, you arent actually selecting our manager luckily.

jesus your expectations are too high

He spent 15m on Diao and Diouf, he earns a no just for that

our ex managr spent 4m on harewood, 3.5m on heskey and 5m on sidwell!!

fergie spent how much on djemba, anderson and kleberson! every manager signs a few duds

To be fair, check his record, a high proportion of his signings were poor buys, as well as the football wasn't the greatest and nor were his results. Did a far worse job than the likes of Benitez.

No thanks!

and you think sven plays better football? with that negative diamond formation he uses? in addition he will be probably be hoping to the strip bars with carew.

he would big wages and huge pay off if he was sacked. no thanks

hey don't diss the diamond,

on champ man 01/02 i won the league, fa cup, league cup, champions league, super club, world club cup and charity shield all in one season with Arsenal. lol

Rijkard would be a good option.

He's shit....

Who do you want?

Not him.

Yeah, so who?

I'm not sure, I want Jol but right now it's not going to happen. Maybe in a year, but then if you give someone the job for the year, it's not good for the team so you need someone who will for me is young and is ready to build a team. Then if it goes well you can keep him on knowing he's in it for the long term unlike maybe a Sven. If it's not too well, after a year, bring in Jol.

Ideally, Moyes would be great, realistically not so sure at all?

Failing that, maybe I'm going with my heart on Zola, looks to play the game the right way and I think it was the players and owners at West Ham which was the problem rather than Zola himself.

The safe choice I think is Sven. Guarenteed we'll get decent results, but probably not great.

Really not a lot out there but I do know Houllier would be almost a certain failure.

Id love Moyes, break the bank for him.

It will be Sven I think.

And thats probably spot on at this time, be interesting to see his contract length.

I'd agree with this, although im still unsure about Sven.

If things continue to go like this for Moyes and Everton it could suit all parties - I know they're traditionally bad starters - but this is their worst in 12 years. While he's doing a great job there overall, they're not really progressing - maybe Randy can give him some assurances he won't get from from Kenwright....

Would Moyes be that good though? I'm not saying he wouldn't but I was always under the impression that he was a bit overrated.

He'd be steady and get good results, we have better resources than Everton and with a good squad already here, I think he'd only add to that and get us playing a little bit better football, hopefully with that winning mentality. Why don't we employ him from say December onwards, he'd be great then!

When you mention Sven people just think of his recent shortcomings and bad press and imagine him walking out of villa park with a stainless steel suitcase chained to his wrist.

They forget he was one of the most sought after and prestigious managers before the England job (which despite popular belief he did a pretty good job with considering).

The man has vast expierence, beyond that of any manager we have had in my lifetime at least. If you rule out the impossibles like jol, hiddink and hitzfeld then you reach sven who i'd quite happily take at this moment in time.