Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Reading General Krulak's posts on the matter of new manager, its all 'taking our time to get the right man in.' The right man is more important than a quick appointment.

Now to me, if the new manager isn't in place in time to work the transfer window, I expect the appointment to be someone **** exceptional.

If its not, then there is no way the procrastinating is justified. New players are vital, for so many reasons. The loss of Milner, no reserve left back, just keeping with the team competitive within the top 6. To name a few.

If the new manager isn't an exceptional candidate, and its too late to make transfers. Its sure as hell going to look like a deliberate play not to spend money. And to fans and players, that will be a PR nightmare.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes people should think before they speak ,some people are just unreal !

Is that in relation to the point i was making? Are you going to tell me that the footy we played at home was thoroughly enjoyable, becuase it wasn't. Even Moyes in his interview hints at what i said (about the money spent anyway). He said he like MON and that we were always competing with them even if the money spent wasn't the same.

paul

sometimes youve got to admit your in the wrong , tell me a manager who is better than martin o neil and ill admit i was in the wrong ?

are you kidding? SAF, jose, hiddink to name 3 without having to think for a second.

i will accept your apology to paul.

General just posted on matters of new manager

He needs to know the League, have demonstrated he can win in the League, be a team player who understands the ethos, traditions and values of the Club, be in synch with the leadership of the Club and have the same vision, etc. etc. etc.

So Ferguson, Wenger or Dalglish then?

:winkold:

It is noticeable to see that the top four every season consists of teams that have skillfull passing players with good strikers and good defences like Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal etc. and these are the teams that make good progress in the Champions League too. More direct teams like Stoke, Hull, Blackburn and Bolton (when managed by Allardyce) are unlikely to ever break the top four and therefore unlikely to ever play in the Champions League so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out which brand of football (and therefore which type of manager) is the most successful.

That is a load of shit really, of course the brand of football to get into Champions League is generally good football, that's because they have the best players. If you have Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Berbatov for example, your not exactly going to smash the ball long.

Are you honestly saying teams like Blackburn, Stoke don't get into the CL because they play long ball, not the fact they can't buy the best players and turn them into a very good footballing team. :lol:

If Stoke were to have Chelsea's team under Pulis, they wouldn't play direct football, they wouldn't be as good for sure but they certainly would still dominate possesion and teams the majority of games.

He needs to know the League, have demonstrated he can win in the League, be a team player who understands the ethos, traditions and values of the Club, be in synch with the leadership of the Club and have the same vision, etc. etc. etc.

Think he means games!

Think he means games!

Ah ok, still would rule out most of the managers we've been linked to.

Why do some people think it is necessary to say that other people's posts are 'a load of shit really'?

Surely it is possible to have a contrary opinion without resorting to such defamatory comments.

One from left field but I think Pulis could be a good shout. With better players he could be very good. At minimum we would have a very well organised side who would be difficult to beat. Not a bad starting point IMO.

If we're going to go for a dull mid-table-at-best English manager, like so many people are suggesting, and someone who won't spend much money, my vote would be for Curbishley.

Not saying I want that, mind...

Why on earth would we want any manager that has been relegated with the teams they've managed?

Can't see Lerner wanting to work with managers who have the whiff od dodginess about them, e.g. Allardyce and his signings.

Pulis.... ugh.

I think Sven currently.

Plays decent football, pretty well respected within the game and is a decent manager who gets results. Give him a season, at worst, you probably finish 9th or 10th, at very worst, but I think top 8 with him in charge.

If it doesn't go to plan and we do finish below 8th, then move on and try to bring in someone like Jol.

Sven fits the bill for what the board would be looking for. Has Prem experience (just a year but still experience), has had success at club level, managed England too.

Would depend on the money of course. And whether he'd be willing to join after the transfer window has closed.

"The right man" would appear to be someone who is willing to join a club after the transfer window has closed, and thus cannot bring in any of their own players. Sure saves the club money in the short term.
my feeling exactly explaind. randy the great one...my arse. but please, prove me wrong.

"The right man" would appear to be someone who is willing to join a club after the transfer window has closed, and thus cannot bring in any of their own players. Sure saves the club money in the short term.

Just because you keep saying this, it doesn't mean its true.