Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Please lord let it be Klinsmann. Please. I'd prefer him as US national coach because the US really needs to overhaul our youth programs to grow better players and I think he's the right person for that but I'll take him at Villa any day of the week. He's a striker that knew how to strike! Hell if all else fails he can throw the Villa jersey on and score for Villa himself.

Not being funny, and i respect your opinion.....but why?

The only club job he had at Bayern, was a complete disaster. And as for Germany, its commonly accepted that it was Lowe whom brought those players through.

Sorry, but i think Barry Fry has more credentails, but ive had a bad fcuking night, and im not thinking straight :winkold:

Klinsmann wasn't that bad at Bayern, he was sacked with five games to go of his first season, being 3 points off of first place and with a record of 16 wins, 6 draws, and 7 losses in the Bundesliga.

In the Champions League Bayern reached the quarter final, losing to Barcelona who went on to win it. His record in that competition was 6 wins, 3 draws, and 1 loss.

But if Barry Fry can get us those kind of results then i say lets get him, he would be the cheap option and press conferences might even be funny.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please lord let it be Klinsmann. Please. I'd prefer him as US national coach because the US really needs to overhaul our youth programs to grow better players and I think he's the right person for that but I'll take him at Villa any day of the week. He's a striker that knew how to strike! Hell if all else fails he can throw the Villa jersey on and score for Villa himself.

Not being funny, and i respect your opinion.....but why?

The only club job he had at Bayern, was a complete disaster. And as for Germany, its commonly accepted that it was Lowe whom brought those players through.

Sorry, but i think Barry Fry has more credentails, but ive had a bad fcuking night, and im not thinking straight :winkold:

No offense taken! I look at Villa right now and all I know is we need a manager. Badly. I think he would be given immediate respect by the players. The Bayern Munich stint was disatrous but in some ways it was destined to be because Klinsmann wanted to play a different way then what Bayern had been used to playing and winning under the previous regime. He was taking over for a legend and every change was viewed under a microscope with a comparison to Hitzfeld. Change of style at a place like that would ruffle feathers and I think it did get a whole lot of fans and management underpants in a twist! But his Bayern side was not at the bottom of the heap they were still challenging at the top of the table, weren't they?

I like him because he marches to his own drummer, he has an ego yes but he has a vision of how he wants his teams to play. He wants to attack, attack attack. Joachim Low gives Klinsmann massive credit for Germany's success. Klinsmann name would be a plus for transfers, imo. And he's hyper competitive, not afraid to change, not afraid to make mistakes and bows to no one.

The one thing that is pleasing is that we have some big names coming forward to take the job on Klinnsman, Koeman, Sven. All we can do is speculate. There may even be a big name being considered who hasn't even been mentioned yet. I suspect that the Klinnsman story may be more linked to his odds with the bookies more than anything else. But I would be more than happy with Klinnsman, Koeman, Sven or Hitzfeld. As long as they are in it for the long haul. And can get us playing good, successful, attacking football and can get us excited again with their signings rather than just signing British 'hod carriers'.

I can't make the match today but anyone who is going especially those in the Trinity, keep your eyes peeled for anybody that might be a 'guest'. I'd have thought that anyone being interviewed may well be treated to some of the club's award winning hospitality today.

I'm not saying he's the right man for the job, but I think it's ridiculous how underrated Eriksson has become.

Okay, he was lucky enough to manage very good England sides and maybe he should have achieved more, but was it his fault that England players couldn't take penalties? England's only defeat in world or euro cup during the Eriksson era -that wasn't in penalties - was against Brazil in 2002.

People say he was a failure in Man City. He guided them to City's best season for decades - including their highest ever points total so far in the premier league. After he was sacked, City took a step back (2008-09 was worse than Eriksson's 07-08 both in terms of the league position and total points).

His record in both Lazio and Benfica was extremely good (league and cup titles in both), and even when he "wasn't successul" in Roma and Sampdoria, he still brought some silverware - winning the Italian cup with both clubs.

Agree about Eriksson. Unfortunately, if you manageEngland you become a laughing stock, regardless of anything else you've done.

McLaren was the same. yes he was a shit England manager, but he was decent at club level, which he's proved recently by winning the dutch league (ok it's a shit league, but he won it with Twente, not Ajax or PSV).

Now look at Capello. One of the best club managers around. Doesn't do well with England and suddenly he's shit and an awful manager. If he'd gone to another club team and not done very well it would be put down as a blip on an otherwise very good record.

The England job turns you into a shit manager in general perception. Eriksson is not a shit manager.

Koeman was on SSN on the phone, he said he has had no contact from AV....

As we're apparently spending every waking moment sorting our new manager. Anyone who says they've had no contact yet, is surely completely out of the running.

So Koeman and Bradley, no go.