Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koeman nearly relegated a Valencia team with players such as Villa, Silva, Vicente, Joaquin, Mata, Banega and Marchena. He was sacked to save his blushes and the new manager kept them up.

Wasn't there some kind of political shenanigans between Koeman the Chairman and the players at Valencia. The Chairman was very divisive and it was his disruption that unsettled things at the club......

All of that could be complete balls but it does ring a bell with me...... Time to ask Mr Google.

The Dutch are forthright and a have lot of self belief. Koeman has been branded arrogant but wouldnt be any more so than Cruijff or Van Basten. Cruijff is a task master make no mistake.

Koeman led the Dutch to a European Championship and there arent many around who can say that. (98 as a player)

Any of those mentioned and Jol, would sort out any shrinking violets at Villa and I believe we have too many of them.

Koeman sounds glamourous but he never stays at a side long and his results are very up and down

More worryingly. The Express & Star claim tonight that Dave Jones is one of the names under consideration ...

That would be the final nail in the coffin for sure!

Just been on the LMA website to see who is avalible names with prem exp:

Gianfranco Zola - Graeme Souness - Glenn Roeder - Tony Mowbray - Gary Megson - Gareth Southgate - Joe Kinnear - Kevin Keegan - Paul Jewell - Glenn Hoddle - Paul Hart - Ruud Gullit - Sven-Göran Eriksson - Iain Dowie - Alan Curbishley - Chris Coleman - Phil Brown.

Names that stood out in the hall of fame with prem exp:

Gerard Houllier - Graham Taylor :crylaugh: Terry Venables

Only a couple would be candidates for the villa job

Koeman nearly relegated a Valencia team with players such as Villa, Silva, Vicente, Joaquin, Mata, Banega and Marchena. He was sacked to save his blushes and the new manager kept them up.

Wasn't there some kind of political shenanigans between Koeman the Chairman and the players at Valencia. The Chairman was very divisive and it was his disruption that unsettled things at the club......

All of that could be complete balls but it does ring a bell with me...... Time to ask Mr Google.

"Mr" Google ? I think you'll find that Google knows everything, so should be referred to as "Mrs" Google :winkold:

Valencia seemed to have too many Chiefs and not enough Indians....

Article here

Koeman has hardly helped himself, but the real culprit is a club that's never at peace; the Dutchman walked into a viper's nest, where sporting directors and coaches are at each other's throats like a bunch of deranged emus; where, with honourable exceptions, fans are never satisfied; where president and shareholders are always at war, creating tension and instability.

So what about him at Benfica and PSV?

Lasted one year at each.

Benfica - the team finished the Portuguese League in third place (behind rivals Porto and Sporting) and was knocked out of the Portuguese Cup in the quarter-finals (after losing to Vitória de Guimarães). This, along with an offer from PSV, sufficed for the manager to leave one year before the end of his contract, even though Benfica reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League before losing to Barcelona, who ended up winning the trophy.

PSV - In the 2006–07 season, Koeman served as head coach of PSV, as successor of Guus Hiddink. PSV dominated the first season half, putting competitors as AZ and Ajax at a reasonable distance and PSV was almost destined to become champions again. However, PSV suffered in the second half of the season, also because of injuries of players Jefferson Farfán, Alex and Ibrahim Afellay, obtaining only 19 out 39 possible points.[7] AZ and Ajax regained their momentum, making for a close finish, with all three teams tied at 72 points before the last competition day.[8] AZ played struggling Excelsior in their final match, but did not manage to win. Ajax played at Willem II, but did not score enough goals; it was PSV eventually who triumphed against all odds, winning at home 5–1 against Vitesse Arnhem, and thereby becoming Eredivisie champions on goal difference.

I am sick to death of being insulted by fans of inferior clubs - most of them seem to think we will get Sven and he will be a disaster. I can't wait for Randy to take action and hope he will give us some serious ammo to chuck in the faces of rival fans.

I think we should brace ourselves to be at least a little underwhelmed with the appointment once it's completed.

I'm not sure there's any way we could possibly be overwhelmed....