Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that pretentious pretty football bollocks.

if we're not going to win anything id rather that we didnt win it while playing nice football as opposed to not winning anything playing shite

Koeman took a team that won the CL one season and was 15th when they finally had enough of him. Same with AZ, champion one season and when he took over they struggle and he only lasted till december. With a good Ajax team he did okay, but he did walk away from them as he did with PSV and Benfica. Good manager with a decent team in a poor league. In a competitive league he poor, even with a good team. So at Villa he would really struggle as our squad is top 8 at best and the league is very competitive. Just because he says the right thing, doesn't mean he any good.

I think Allardyce would do a good job with us............ never given a chance at Newcastle, id dare say they wouldnt have gone down if they kept him...... doing a sterling job at BBurn on a relative shoe string, not too mention the great job he did at Bolton

This Koeman chap - I dont know ?

It sounds fantastic - Ronald Koeman, one of the best Euro footballers of our generation.

And, if you look at the stats, he's won suff as a manager.

But I've just read wki - and when you actually look at it, it is a bit repeatative, and alarming.

Basically, at every club, he took over a superb side, usually Champions. Won something in his first season with the predessors team, then had a steady decline , where he was sacked, moved to the next side, where the same happened.

And seems to have happened 5 times so it seems a bit of a co-incidence.

I want the right man, not just a great player, if all we want is that, you can't get bigger than Maradona !.

Still think Sven is a better option !

And what exactly is nice football? 6million passes with no end product like Spain?

I'd actually stop watching Villa games if we turned into that. Actually I wouldn't have a choice, I'd end up falling asleep during every match.

If we kept the ball half as well as they do, i would be happy

I wouldn't mind Allardyce, he'd certainly get us fighting every game. However with a takeover in the making (or is it?) he may want to stay put and build something with Blackburn.

I also believe he has the capacity to change like Moyes, he just hasn't had the chance yet as he's always had to deal with, to put it lightly, techincally limited players.

I wouldn't mind Allardyce, he'd certainly get us fighting every game. However with a takeover in the making (or is it?) he may want to stay put and build something with Blackburn.

I also believe he has the capacity to change like Moyes, he just hasn't had the chance yet as he's always had to deal with, to put it lightly, techincally limited players.

Not too often we agree with each other, but I also agree.

Put it this way, I am not saying we would do better with Allardyce, but I don't think we'd do any worse either.

And what exactly is nice football? 6million passes with no end product like Spain?

I'd actually stop watching Villa games if we turned into that. Actually I wouldn't have a choice, I'd end up falling asleep during every match.

But no one is saying we don't want to play like Spain.

My point was Mowbray tried to play passing football with a team that wasn't capable of it, and they got relegated without a whimper.

Now that, to me, is a failure as a manager. A better manager might have played so called ugly football, but stayed up. I know what WBA fans would prefer!

"pretty" football is excellent. But I'd sacrifice it for results any day of the week.

Mowbray would be a terrible appointment.

Allardyce likes to play hoofball....Did it at Bolton and now he is doing it at Blackburn, he likes big strong players in his team and likes them to get it into the box as much as possible for the big guys to get on the end of it.

Watching them today, not one throwing was a short one...Every throwing went into the 6yard box for the big guys...Well every throwing in the final 3rd that is.

He will strip AV down and bring in all big people can't play football on the ground.

But no one is saying we don't want to play like Spain.

My point was Mowbray tried to play passing football with a team that wasn't capable of it, and they got relegated without a whimper.

Now that, to me, is a failure as a manager. A better manager might have played so called ugly football, but stayed up. I know what WBA fans would prefer!

"pretty" football is excellent. But I'd sacrifice it for results any day of the week.

Mowbray would be a terrible appointment.

Oh we was talking about Mowbray, I thought you's were talking about Spain.

Why has his name come up again?

You can't play like Spain in the Premier league. 1.) You'll get battered by physical, defensive teams (see Switzerland) and 2.) to play like them you need to have a squad of amazingly techincally gifted players. There is a reason Spain have only managed to play like this and win in recent years, it's because they manged to produce one of the most gifted generation of players ever seen. Aston Villa don't have Xavi's and Iniesta's, and even if we did we would still rely, like they did and Barcelona do, on a more direct goal threat. We don't have a David Villa/Messi.

To put it frankly, if you want to play like Spain then you may aswell go start supporting a Spanish team. It'll never happen in the English game. The closest we have is Arsenal and what have they done? In fact they have a good chance this year and why? Because they have a few players that'll go 'right **** this, give me the ball and let me run' like Arshavin/Walcott.

It's boring as **** anyway.

:D