Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

If it's Klinsmann can we have him as player manager please?! :D exactly the sort of striker we so desperately lack!!

On a more serious note...

Could this whole manager debacle actually be a blessing in disguise?

In the long term of course as it's obviously crippling us at present. I mean had MON taken us as far as he could really? Also was O'Neills brand of football actually much fun to watch anyways?

They say every cloud has a silver lining so who knows?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all just sad....IF we lose today, then a new manager comes in it will take a few games for the players to adapt to that managers tactic/playing style.....If they don't adapt fast enough we could be losing a few more games after the international break too.

If it's Klinsmann can we have him as player manager please?! :D exactly the sort of striker we so desperately lack!!

On a more serious note...

Could this whole manager debacle actually be a blessing in disguise?

In the long term of course as it's obviously crippling us at present. I mean had MON taken us as far as he could really? Also was O'Neills brand of football actually much fun to watch anyways?

They say every cloud has a silver lining so who knows?

I think its put the clubs ambitions into the limelight, and Randy even more so. They must be asking themselves questions on where we are going, so in that sense, i think you are proberly correct 8)

Just on Koeman, is he not supposed to put a CV in to get contact, as General says a shortlist will be drawn up after todays game and then they'll start the interviews.

Surely he didn't say a shortlist isn't being drawn up until after today?

Dave Jones in the frame for villa. is he any good?

I was only thinking about him the other day....in a football sense of course.

done a decent job at Cardiff.

"The "right" Manager for the Villa may not be the "right" Manager in your mind...but he will be the "right" one in the minds of those who are choosing. He needs to know the League, have demonstrated he can win in the League, be a team player who understands the ethos, traditions and values of the Club, be in synch with the leadership of the Club and have the same vision, etc. etc. etc. Finding the "right" person may appear easy to some...but it is not that easy. We have spent MANY hours looking for the person....we have traveled and we have talked...JUST because it isn't spread all over the London Times does not mean that we haven't been working."

Please lord let it be Klinsmann. Please. I'd prefer him as US national coach because the US really needs to overhaul our youth programs to grow better players and I think he's the right person for that but I'll take him at Villa any day of the week. He's a striker that knew how to strike! Hell if all else fails he can throw the Villa jersey on and score for Villa himself.

Not being funny, and i respect your opinion.....but why?

The only club job he had at Bayern, was a complete disaster. And as for Germany, its commonly accepted that it was Lowe whom brought those players through.

Sorry, but i think Barry Fry has more credentails, but ive had a bad fcuking night, and im not thinking straight :winkold:

Klinsmann wasn't that bad at Bayern, he was sacked with five games to go of his first season, being 3 points off of first place and with a record of 16 wins, 6 draws, and 7 losses in the Bundesliga.

In the Champions League Bayern reached the quarter final, losing to Barcelona who went on to win it. His record in that competition was 6 wins, 3 draws, and 1 loss.

But if Barry Fry can get us those kind of results then i say lets get him, he would be the cheap option and press conferences might even be funny.

Exactly, some people say it was a disaster and everyone believes it. They didn't do that bad at all. I also think it's a bit harsh to give all the credit to Lowe, where is it commonly accepted it was all Lowe's work?

My sort of ITK reckons have a few quid on Bob Bradley as it's being given to him. TBF I wouldn't put anything valuable on it because I don't believe it but thought I would share it.

He doesn't fit with what General Krulak said they're looking for.....If they choose him then what Gen said needs questioning.

Just going to throw it out there, but what about the man... the legend that is Ian Holloway, teams play nice football, good record, passionate, english, young....

No way.

2 years ago you could have said the same thing about Phil Brown.