Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

The standard of debate on here is laughable at times. Spain and "no end product"? Seriously?

And why is that whenever anybody mentions passing football Tony Mowbray and relegation are always mentioned? It's possible to play decent football and not get relegated, ask Arsenal, Spurs and Everton fans.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton passing - are you having an absolute giraffe !!!

Everton are as much route one as Wimbledon ever were.

Usually, hoof to Fellaini, or corner hoof to Cahill.

Dont get me wrong, wish we could do it as good as them, but dont make me laugh by saying they play football !

Edit

and Spurs played hoofball very very successfully last year

Teams are successful because they are direct. You can't win if you aren't direct. If Spain didn't have Villa they wouldn't have won the world cup. Why? Because he's direct. The most successful team in the league is Manure and why? Because they are direct. They play good football but go for the goal and not sideways. Spurs are successful because they have Bale/Lennon/Defoe who are direct on goal. Chelsea are succesful because they are direct.

You can play good, passing football but it's as long as it's going forward and has an end product.

The aim of the game is to get goals, not to have a masterbatory session amongst eachother and bore the death out of fans.

Anyway it's off the point, but your patrionising claim that my debate was laughable is bollocks.

I've heard we went for Moyes and he said he was happy at Everton. At least we went for a quality guy, they play quality footy when they get going too. If he had the resources MON had here we'd be a CL team by now too. We'd also have more people at VP as its much more entertaining to watch. Still hope we win on Sunday though.

No matter what the manager is like, you cant back down and grovel for him to return.

Even Chelsea wouldnt do that for Jse - it would be suicidal ownership.

The one thing everyone agrees on, no matter what your view, is Aston Villa is bigger than any person - try and ask him to return, you are showing the world they are !

Seriously, I sometimes wonder what people think about on here, is everyone 15.

It is noticeable to see that the top four every season consists of teams that have skillfull passing players with good strikers and good defences like Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal etc. and these are the teams that make good progress in the Champions League too. More direct teams like Stoke, Hull, Blackburn and Bolton (when managed by Allardyce) are unlikely to ever break the top four and therefore unlikely to ever play in the Champions League so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out which brand of football (and therefore which type of manager) is the most successful.

It is noticeable to see that the top four every season consists of teams that have skillfull passing players with good strikers and good defences like Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal etc. and these are the teams that make good progress in the Champions League too. More direct teams like Stoke, Hull, Blackburn and Bolton (when managed by Allardyce) are unlikely to ever break the top four and therefore unlikely to ever play in the Champions League so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out which brand of football (and therefore which type of manager) is the most successful.

Yep, that's the only reason...

No matter what the manager is like, you cant back down and grovel for him to return.

Even Chelsea wouldnt do that for Jse - it would be suicidal ownership.

The one thing everyone agrees on, no matter what your view, is Aston Villa is bigger than any person - try and ask him to return, you are showing the world they are !

Seriously, I sometimes wonder what people think about on here, is everyone 15.

I wouldn't even want him back. For the money spent and the players we had, we played some utterly shite football.

We just need a manager to come in and help steady the ship for the time being to ensure this one season wont derail everything we've done over the past 3 years.

I honestly think someone like Curbishley with a good and long record of managing in the Premier League(the stuff he did with Charlton was amazing) will help us through the times. By no means do I think he would be a good long term solution, but at least for this season, I think he can maintain if not improve on what O'Neill has already done.

Yep - the ones with the most money.

No quality managers out there without strings attached makes me think we are just accepting the garbage mentioned in the thread.

Lerner has to pay the money and get someone with some credabiltity.

Kev Mac is not the answer either.

We are in the shit at the moment no doubt and its hard to see it changing if we employee the wrong man.

Moyes for me would have been the right man for the job.