Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

If you put villa aside and look at the situation as if it was happening to one of our rivals then what would you expect to see. Take another club with 3 years of consistent top 6 finishes, qualified for europe, who has spent 120m over 4 years and challenged in domestic cups. Would we expect them to install a manager who has never managed another club before?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't always agree with PaulandDonya but I have to say that I think Paul has hit the nail well and truly on the head with his summing up of Kev MacDonald on the General's thread.

I am confused by Kev Mac at the moment. First of all he says he doesn't like all the other stuff that goes with being a first team manager. He prefers to spend more time with the players. He says strange things about winning being the be all and end all, of course it is. You don't manage teams to lose, do you? Then he comes out and says that he wants to be considered for the job. So here is a man who doesn't seem to like anything about the job but wants to be considered for it - very strange! This is like someone who hates animals applying for a job of head keeper at the local zoo.

Is KM fishing for a promotion to say first team coach but saying that he doesn't want to manage the team? It seems that way to me. Given what KM has said, it seems to me that he is not the man for the job. I would like our manager to be someone who really wants to be here and wants everything that comes with being a manager of a big football club.

I can't disagree with any of that really got to say the comments from KM have been very strange . If he worked for me and came out with that I would say he aint got the belly for it and look for someone else .

how often?

did he play stan on the right as well?

He did it once or twice during a game.

KM has done it once during one game!

Was Stan actually on the wing though?

He moved over there as the play was there, at no point was Stan playing consistently right wing, he might have been the right side of the centre two but not as a winger or right midfielder.

I think the whole Kevin thing is just a media magnet so Lerner can go about looking for the real replacement without too much media attention.

I hope that's what's going on atleast, if that is the case then I don't think Kevin has liked doing that.

Cloak and dagger stuff eh??

I hope you are right.

I wouldn't mind Mark Hughes, but I don't think he would leave Fulham seeing has he only just got there...I know it's a smaller club, smaller ground yet they're not playing bad footall atm.

I would not mind him either, he did not lose much when at Man City either. I would have no problem with him as Villa manager, good with the press and his Manure contacts could be useful down the line, you never know.

He did it once or twice during a game.

KM has done it once during one game!

Was Stan actually on the wing though?

He moved over there as the play was there, at no point was Stan playing consistently right wing, he might have been the right side of the centre two but not as a winger or right midfielder

but we all know stan plays cm, and i think stan got lost and didnt know what he was doing as he all over the shop. it was very unorganised and defensively we looked absymal

from the quotes i think if he wins tonight, the job is his and then bad times await i think unfortuantely

"I've seen one or two players that I think might make the club better, but whether we can go and do anything about that, nothing has been said.

"With two days left after Sunday (until the transfer window shuts), a lot can happen in those 48 hours as you saw last year when we signed Richard Dunne, James Collins and Stephen Warnock within the last couple of days.

"The timescale isn't a big issue I don't think."

Interesting stuff from K Mac :shock:

We need someone who is experienced and can attract better players to the Villa. I don't think our caretaker manager is that man. Would like to see Klinsman, who would get us playing a passing game which would put more bums on seats and he would have good contacts around europe for bringing young players in.

I don't why the name Mark Hughes is even coming up, he has just joined Fulham, has money available to him to make transfer and has started very well with them. The football they have been playing is quite impressive from what I've seen so far of them.