Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sven is a fantastic option. Something to prove, respected manager who can attract players etc.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is a genuine question. Why? I see lots of people saying no to Sven, but I honestly don't get why... Not having a go or anything, I just wondered what your reasons are.

**** it up? Improving our points total four years in a row; trips to Wembley; our highest scoring season in 30 years; our highest Premiership points total for a 38 game season; beating Blues every time we played 'em...

... given how much he spent, what did you actually expect? The Premier League title?

I sincerely doubt the next chap to wear the manager's hat will please you.

I hope he does... 'cos he'll have done pretty darn well.

Yeah **** up, he spent money and then never used the players, whats the point!?

Then this summer he wants to do it again, spend money on players he probably wouldn't use.

Randy decided as is obvious he was not going to take us further unless he changed, he wasn't going to change and the purse strings were tightened.

MON even though saying himself that we cannot cost the future of the club, even though he was happy to spend lots on players who never played didn't like being told he didn't have all the money in and world and left 5 days before the season.

Cheers Martin, you really were bothered about your ego more than then club, stubborn fool!

I think Sven is a fantastic option. Something to prove, respected manager who can attract players etc.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is a genuine question. Why? I see lots of people saying no to Sven, but I honestly don't get why... Not having a go or anything, I just wondered what your reasons are.

his demands for salary his massive pay offs everywhere he goes. His lack of passion (or seemingly lack of it).

**** it up? Improving our points total four years in a row; trips to Wembley; our highest scoring season in 30 years; our highest Premiership points total for a 38 game season; beating Blues every time we played 'em...

... given how much he spent, what did you actually expect? The Premier League title?

I sincerely doubt the next chap to wear the manager's hat will please you.

I hope he does... 'cos he'll have done pretty darn well.

Yeah **** up, he spent money and then never used the players, whats the point!?

Then this summer he wants to do it again, spend money on players he probably wouldn't use.

Randy decided as is obvious he was not going to take us further unless he changed, he wasn't going to change and the purse strings were tightened.

MON even though saying himself that we cannot cost the future of the club, even though he was happy to spend lots on players who never played didn't like being told he didn't have all the money in and world and left 5 days before the season.

Cheers Martin, you really were bothered about your ego more than then club, stubborn fool!

Ok. Now give me an example of a manager that has never "**** up"... You seem to have a very liberal categorization (or perhaps a very specific one that pertains to one man only.) I'd be interested to see who meets your standards.

As I noted above, given your standards, I doubt the next manager will be able to please you.

... and I'd be interested to hear where you think we should have finished given our outlay over the last four years.

Every manager has made **** ups. Fergie signing Veron for 30m berbatov for 28+ etc etc.

Jol for me. Knows the Premier League , did a very good job at Spurs and has done well since at Hamburg and Ajax

We need a manager who can attract top players because of either his playing reputation or managing ability.

A manager who is willing to buy players from worldwide leagues and bring in a scouting network to make this happen.

We need a manager who can play an attacking style of play, bulit on a strong defense.

A manager who has managed at the top level in Europe, and knows how to compete in that market.

All in all a tough recruiting job for Randy,

I want to see football at VP, having been served rubbish for the last 4 years.

We are not going to win the Premier League, so away form is only of passing interest to me.

First choice, Hughes. One of the brightest managerial talents in the game and, given the vehicle to get one over on Man City he will work night and day to achieve that. His vehicle is Aston Villa, not Fulham. Not likely to happen though.

Second choice, Jol. Knows how to set a team up to play bright attacking football.

Third choice (my punt) Martinez. Knows the English game in and out, having spent most of his playing career here, and sets a team up like Jol does. A gamble, but given the opportunity this bloke could make a real impact.

And for those who will point the finger at Mr Lerner if a quick appointment is made, he is a businessman. With the behind the scenes histrionics of MON over the past year or so he would have been crazy not to have a contingency plan for if and when this time came. I am sure that he has a short list of people that he would like to speak with.

And for those who will point the finger at Mr Lerner if a quick appointment is made, he is a businessman. With the behind the scenes histrionics of MON over the past year or so he would have been crazy not to have a contingency plan for if and when this time came. I am sure that he has a short list of people that he would like to speak with.
I suspect that what he has rather is a shortlist of recruitment consultants to suggest some names (and sound them out).

The problem we have is that we don't appear to have any money to pay compensation to another club for their manager, so Jol would appear to be out of the question.

That leaves us with numpties like Sven, Bob Bradley (who?) and Curbs.

This appointment is a defining moment of Lerner's owenrship of Villa. If he gets it wrong it could lead to more instability, worsening finances and years of stagnation.

I'd like Jol, but can't see it happening. If he appoints Bob Bradley then that's a sign that we are no longer interested in competing at the top end of the league.