Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like Jol, but can't see it happening. If he appoints Bob Bradley then that's a sign that we are no longer interested in competing at the top end of the league.

Rubbish.

You know how he would perform do you?

Interestingly Paddy Power don't offer odds on Sam Allardyce.

Not my cup of tea, but anyone (Mr Lerner) looking at his CV would see that he hasn't actually ever done a bad job.

And he would take the job in a heartbeat.

Well our best points total in over a decade and a cup final wasn't enough to keep some fans happy so the next manager will certainly have his work cut out.

Rubbish.

You know how he would perform do you?

I think bringing in a manager like that would show we couldn't attract a good manager and surely the reason for that would be because we aren't willing to invest.

I think it shows randy has given up because he was happy to keep a manager and give him no money, if he was serious he would of sacked MON and allowed a new manager a whole summer of spending or he would have backed the manager.

Randy can stop spending if he likes, its his club, but to me it shows he doesn't think its worth trying to get that 4th spot anymore.

And if thats the case i think those 6th place finishes and cup final are going to look pretty good over the next few years.

I fear that Bob Bradley would be another Jozef Venglos scenario, tbh, he took the Czechs to last 8 of the World Cup,had no experience of English football and nearly got us relegated!!

We have missed Hughes now, that is a shame imo, Martin Jol would be the ideal man if we can get him that is.

Moyes will not come to us, Sven is a joke & Curbishley did not even want to play for us in his own playing days - remember that.

My Choice would be Jol - A man with something to prove.

Interestingly Paddy Power don't offer odds on Sam Allardyce.

Not my cup of tea, but anyone (Mr Lerner) looking at his CV would see that he hasn't actually ever done a bad job.

And he would take the job in a heartbeat.

Pls no.... Awful football.. I want to see stylish football at Villa Park. Jol is the man to bring that to Villa Park.

I'd rather Big Kev stay on as manager tbh.

He knows the squad, the staff, the job... He especially knows the strengths and weaknesses of the youth/reserve players so maybe he will change things up a bit.

Give him a couple of months and see what he does.

Frank Rijkaard is the dream pick, although I'd expect that he would feel as though he should be going for jobs with clubs of a higher stature than us. I have no idea how much he would cost in wages either, although if we are going to pay a manager big money I'd rather give it to Rijkaard than Eriksson or even Jol.

I'd rather Big Kev stay on as manager tbh.

He knows the squad, the staff, the job... He especially knows the strengths and weaknesses of the youth/reserve players so maybe he will change things up a bit.

Give him a couple of months and see what he does.

He's certainly done well with the reserves, but I can't think of too many success stories when clubs have internally promoted a member of the coaching staff to management.