Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jupp Heynckes. Former CL winner, already won everything in Germany with Bayern back in the late 80's/early 90's, knows how to revitalise/stabilise a club and has never managed in England so might fancy a challenge.

The only way a top manager is going to join is if randy promises decent investment and if he can afford that then why didn't he give it to MON or sack him and give it to someone else earlier?

Villa fans have high expectations, i don't think a big manager is going to come to this club if he feels he can't match those expectations.

Martin Jol has been made favourite by William Hill.

He's my choice as well. It'll be nice to see some entertaining football at VP.

Not anymore, hes now 7/1 everyone else is at 6/1 and Bob Bradley is 11/4.

Dear god we are ****.

Not happy if Sven & his media roadshow roll into town..

Jol seems a thoroughly decent man.

Give Kevin MacDonald a shot at coaching the team but get him a Director of Football to manage the contract/transfer negotiations.

Martin Jol has been made favourite by William Hill.

He's my choice as well. It'll be nice to see some entertaining football at VP.

Not anymore, hes now 7/1 everyone else is at 6/1 and Bob Bradley is 11/4.

Dear god we are ****.

Sadly, this.

MON-OUTers know not what they do.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Sven came, did a decent job at city leading them to their highest finish in years and did a better job with England than the clown currently in charge.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Sven came, did a decent job at city leading them to their highest finish in years and did a better job with England than the clown currently in charge.

He is only interested in attention, money and getting his leg over.

If he became our manager it would be the end of 48 years of going to VP for me, i would take almost anyone over him.

This probably sounds negative, but we're not going to compete for major trophies, we're going to be bridesmaids. So that given, lets get Jol in, he plays good football, at least we're then entertained; hell, I don't want us to lose games, but when we do lets lose games 4-3.

If we're going to be bridesmaids, lets put a pair of racy stockings and suspenders on underneath the pretty pink dress and lets have some fun.

Completely agree. With two good additions assuming Ireland is still coming then with the right manager ie Jol then this squad united and all being used properly could do well next year and give Spurs and Liverpool a good run for their money.