Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather Big Kev stay on as manager tbh.

He knows the squad, the staff, the job... He especially knows the strengths and weaknesses of the youth/reserve players so maybe he will change things up a bit.

Give him a couple of months and see what he does.

He's certainly done well with the reserves, but I can't think of too many success stories when clubs have internally promoted a member of the coaching staff to management.

There is always a first. Don't know if we don't give him a chance. :)

I just hope, and I expect, that Randy won't allow sentiment to get in the way of a good appointment.

As much as I loved Martin Laursen, there's no other logic for bringing him in in any capacity. In fact, I think he'd be a bit too close to the players.

The nightmare scenario for me is Stuart Pearce. I'm already losing sleep at the thought.

Jol would be my choice but the reason he wanted to leave Ajax for Fulham was lack of transfer funds and the board trying to sell his best players!

I doubt Rijkaard be interested. Would be great though.

Martinez is an interesting suggestion. He seems to have the scouting network and eye for a bargain that our financial position requires.

Really can't think of any other viable suggestions. Eriksson mightn't be the worst appointment. The football would possibly get worse though!

I'd like Jol, but can't see it happening. If he appoints Bob Bradley then that's a sign that we are no longer interested in competing at the top end of the league.

Rubbish.

You know how he would perform do you?

Oh FFS. My OPINION is that given he has no European management experience, he is exactly the kind of coach we don't need at this important juncture and would be an unambtious and uninspired appointment.

We need someone with proper experience who can continue to build on the relative position of strength MON has left us in. We don't need a manager who will lead a slide back to mid-table, as without any money it will be difficult to get the club back on the rise again.

I'd like Jol, but can't see it happening. If he appoints Bob Bradley then that's a sign that we are no longer interested in competing at the top end of the league.

Rubbish.

You know how he would perform do you?

Oh FFS. My OPINION is that given he has no European management experience, he is exactly the kind of coach we don't need at this important juncture and would be an unambtious and uninspired appointment.

I bet even he knows more about European football outside Britain than O'Neill.

Personally I'd go for Jol though. He ticks all the boxes, good coach, good record in England, and plays football the way it should be played.

No to Riijkaard. failed at Sparta and Galatasaray and only did a good job at Barcelona as he had Ten Cate with him and has failed without him.

I would like Pelegrini or Jol. Both speak English and play good football

This probably sounds negative, but we're not going to compete for major trophies, we're going to be bridesmaids. So that given, lets get Jol in, he plays good football, at least we're then entertained; hell, I don't want us to lose games, but when we do lets lose games 4-3.

If we're going to be bridesmaids, lets put a pair of racy stockings and suspenders on underneath the pretty pink dress and lets have some fun.