Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Villa fans in over-reaction shocker*

For what it's worth I don't honestly care how long the board take to appoint someone so long as it turns out to be the correct decision.

This season was always going to be a tough one even if MoN hadn't walked out on us five days before the season started but, given that fact, it's fair to assume that in terms of seriously challenging for anything this season, well, it's been written off hasn't it?

Hence, I don't care how long we take to get the right person in. The fact that the club is taking their time on the matter says to me that they're making a well informed decision and are looking at all the angles which for me, is the only thing you can ask for.

The attitude of some on here is laughable, quite literally. It'll get sorted one way or another and the club are not obligated to keep us, the fans, up to date with every little happening that goes on, to expect anything like that is a throwback to the 'good ol' days of football' when you could bump in to your star player down the local boozer.....aint gonna happen nowadays so get with the programme.

Also, and just throwing it out there for discussion but, has anyone else noticed a correlation between those who 'over react' or act in a manner which could be deemed as over-reactive to those who don't attend matches?

Not sure this has any relevance at all and I could be a million miles off the mark but just the way it seems to me.....

If you're so dis-interested I really wonder why you bother coming on the site.

It's a discussion forum mate - thats the idea!!

Keegan would be good as long as we supported him...

With KMac, people are saying it would be a huge gamble, but in all seriousness why not take a gamble?! Lets be realistic, our team is not bad enough to get relegated under any conditions yet we need something big to happen to get into the top four - so why not take the risk and maybe KMac will learn on the job and surprise a lot of people and have us in the battle for fourth by the end of the year? And even if he fails and we finish 10th-12th, it's only one year lost and we can get a new manager next year...

Just consider it. UTV

Sent this message to Everton top boy Andy Nicholls a few hrs ago………

Danny Mobile text: Hello Andy, David Moyes is to become the new Aston Villa boss, and nick a few of your best players. Hope all is well and Mr G looked after you and the boy...z on Sunday 1-0 …… >LOL

I resent the same text to Mr G, my inside man at Villa Park.

Mobile text: Mr G, hope all went well on Sunday and the hospitality was first class for Mr Nicholls and others. I’ve sent the above text to Mr Nicholls for his attention. Though still awaiting his reply….LOL

Mr G Mobile text: Danny, I fu—ing hope so, its Moyes but can’t see it. Spoke with Randy Lerner after Sunday’s game. I asked him about Mark Hughes, he agreed Hughes would be ideal but the timing is all wrong. We will see. Mr G avfc

Andy Nicholls Mobile text: Mr Brown, hospitality was first class Pal. Good day despite the result. Can’t see Moyes dropping down a level though!

Danny Mobile text: Nice to know ya still very amusing and witty Mr Nicholls.

Andy Nicholls Mobile text: Lots of money gone on Moyes leaving up here pal. All depends if the board sell Rodwell to United today. If they do Moyes will walk, for sure.

probably makes sense to wait until the transfer window has completed anyway. We weren't going to spend a great deal if anything (IMO) and as there are no managers available a lack of business / ambition by clubs during a window may just convince a manager already in a job that his future lies elsewhere.

Mind you that is me grasping at straws as I still fear it will be Macdonald

Keegan would be good as long as we supported him...

With KMac, people are saying it would be a huge gamble, but in all seriousness why not take a gamble?! Lets be realistic, our team is not bad enough to get relegated under any conditions yet we need something big to happen to get into the top four - so why not take the risk and maybe KMac will learn on the job and surprise a lot of people and have us in the battle for fourth by the end of the year? And even if he fails and we finish 10th-12th, it's only one year lost and we can get a new manager next year...

Just consider it. UTV

One year and all our better players wanting to leave.

Aston Villa defender James Collins has stated that he would welcome Kevin MacDonald becoming manager on a permanent basis.

MacDonald took the reins as caretaker boss following Martin O'Neill's shock departure from Villa Park just five days before the Premier League season kicked off.

The Scot has been with the club for 15 years after joining then-boss Brian Little's coaching staff from Leicester, and has become one of the most respected members of the backroom team.

He now wants to be considered by owner Randy Lerner to take the role full-time, and Collins was pleased with his decision.

"Kevin has been at the club a long time and has the total respect of the players," Collins said.

"All the players have worked with him when they have been coming back from injury in the reserves.

"It would be great for him. There would be no grumblings coming from Aston Villa and I think he has done a great job.

"We have all got the highest respect for him."

http://tinyurl.com/32vmq9p