Barry Bannan

villianusa

It is the most physical fixture in the PL.

Not going to criticise Lambert for excluding Bannan from this game.

Would have put him on the bench though. If one of them got sent off, they'd be more space for Bannan to work in.

Con, given that there is a fairly low probability (according to the bookies) of us winning this game, Bannan being dropped gives you the perfect excuse later as to why we didn't win the game.

If we do end up losing I will look forward to reading your prematch prepared responses.

Con, given that there is a fairly low probability (according to the bookies) of us winning this game, Bannan being dropped gives you the perfect excuse later as to why we didn't win the game.

If we do end up losing I will look forward to reading your prematch prepared responses.

We're not a one man team. We've won a game this season without Bannan, we can do so again. 

I considered not starting Bannan in this game myself - and wrote to this thread with that opinion last week.

However, I changed my mind when I read Lambert talk about yellow cards.

Now Lambert's gone with one DM, I'm happy with the line up. If Delph gets booked we can bring on Sylla, just as I suggested.

Excellent win today. We didn't deserve to be 1-1 with 10 minutes to go. Could have used Bannan as a sub to help keep possession as we had lost the initiative.

Someone needs to bump the Lowton thread he changed everything. Brilliant. We deserved to win even without that strike and without Bannan but it was necessary.

Excellent win today. We didn't deserve to be 1-1 with 10 minutes to go. Could have used Bannan as a sub to help keep possession as we had lost the initiative.

Someone needs to bump the Lowton thread he changed everything. Brilliant. We deserved to win even without that strike and without Bannan but it was necessary.

Yeah Bannan in the middle, with space. Another ball like his one to Suarez would have been ideal. Oh well.

• Like 4

Fortunately Lambert is our manager and not you. If Bannan was on the bench and he came on when it was 1-1 you can guarantee we wouldn't have won the game.

Gutsy decision today by Lambert with his team selection but it worked well.

Today is about Villa, not about Bannan. Lets all forget about him and enjoy the champagne whilst admiring the sunset.

He should focus on playing better rather than going out to drink with Weimann and co every weekend.

EDIT: I am sure someone will pick up on this but I don't think a player should go on whining (if this is real) when he could be a bit more professional. (Lots of footballers do the same though, no doubt about that).

Edited by VillaAlex

I have no idea whether it is real or not, but judging by Twitter people seem to believe it is. I don't have Instagram so can't check, but if this is real then he has just committed career suicide as far as I am concerned.

Bannan is an example of where the club has done so much more for the player than the player has done for the club. Villa have stuck by him in his misdemeanors in the past, have given him an opportunity in the first team which he hasn't taken, put in God awful performances, and in return we get a bigged up spoilt brat with a terrible attitude.

He obviously thinks he is something special though he is very clearly not.

Lambert, if this is his attitude and if what he has written is true then get rid NOW.

Ooooh if that is real then Bannan is being a bit of a tit and doing himself no favours at all. If he wants to be a first team regular then I think he should move on. I'm happy for him to remain at the club and be a squad player, but he's just not up to being a first team player imo.