Barry Bannan

villianusa

Playing the sweeper role, no doubt.

Keep it tight, eh?

Nah, maybe left back I would guess.

Martin O'Neill isn't manager anymore.

True.

Instead of a manager who puts center backs and center midfielders at right back..... we now have a manager who puts right backs as wingers, and strikers as midfielders....

He's half a season from becoming a class act. If we wanted a nucleus to build a potent midfield/strike force on, then he's got all the makings for me. I did'nt think so 12mths ago, but theres something more dynamic to his game now.

If McLeish can't see that, well..........the vultures will be circling again.

bannan must start against Man Utd. He did more in last 10 mins against swansea than heskey and delph combined did all game. the fact that he didnt start against swansea really pissed me off.

If he plays he will do very well against them, he may even score imo, reckon playing against SAF team (him being scottish) will make all the difference, i can see it being the game he comes of age.....fingers crossed. UTV

Thought he was being asked a lot in his role. Jenas and Bannan in the midfield will always leave us too light. Would have much preferred Petrov instead of Jenas and pushed Bannan a bit forwards. He's gotta learn how to put in a tackle though.

Thought he was also at his worse yesterday, starved of options and desperate to play one Hollywood ball that would unlock the game. For me, he's still a must though against the weaker teams that we desperately need to get points from.

I think that's more rooted with our lack of plans going forward. No one knows what to do in the final third. No one knows what the other players are going to do. None of them have any chemistry with each other around the box.

It's just....

I don't have words for it anymore :cry:

Bannan is totally wasted in our team. McLeish hasn't the foggiest idea what to do with players like him and N'Zogbia.

If it was me, I'd be playing Bannan as the furthest forward in a midfield 3 with Petrov and Herd behind him. N'Zog roaming in wide areas with Gabby and Bent up front. N'Zog has to play with Bannan and vice-versa. These two are in a class of their own technique-wise and think too quickly for the rest of our lot.