Barry Bannan

villianusa

a firm punishment. hope the judge reminded him it was dumb luck seperating him from doing a lee hughes or mccormick.

As you say it was dumb luck it wasn't worse but some think you're an idiot if you think it's serious.

The reason word removed footballers continue to be words removed is because if they're good enough then they can do what they want. People like Heskey will get slagged off yet someone who does this will have people praising him and wanting him in the team.

Part of the reason I hate watching England now is because of the amount of words removed that play for them. Bannans gone massively down hill IMO. I don't think he should be booted out the club but I certainly won't be cheering him on or gutted if he doesn't play anytime soon.

a firm punishment. hope the judge reminded him it was dumb luck seperating him from doing a lee hughes or mccormick.

As you say it was dumb luck it wasn't worse but some think you're an idiot if you think it's serious.

The reason word removed footballers continue to be words removed is because if they're good enough then they can do what they want. People like Heskey will get slagged off yet someone who does this will have people praising him and wanting him in the team.

Part of the reason I hate watching England now is because of the amount of words removed that play for them. Bannans gone massively down hill IMO. I don't think he should be booted out the club but I certainly won't be cheering him on or gutted if he doesn't play anytime soon.

Nobody is slagging off Heskey because of what he does off the pitch - they're slagging him off because he's shit (although I think McLeish should get some of the blame too for playing him). Similarly, nobody is saying Bannan is great because of what he's done off the field. When people slag off Heskey or praise Bannan they're talking about them in purely football terms.

What does the fact he's a footballer have to do with this offence ?

How is it any different than a plumber getting arrested for doing exactly the same ?

There isn't. It also doesn't make him a 'word removed' or big headed just because he happened to drive after drinking too much

It just makes him stupid, at that moment. He's not satan

He's young and hopefully will learn. As much as I hate Mcleish, he does come over as a no nonsense sort of bloke, one who wont put up with this type of stuff.

Its up to Barry now, he can either throw his career away, or put this all behind him and develop into the world class player a lot of people think he can be.

He's just tweeted;

BBannan25

Very tired ... Glad today has gone never again !!! Thanks for the support again #soscary

Hopefully this has shocked him

Nobody is slagging off Heskey because of what he does off the pitch - they're slagging him off because he's shit (although I think McLeish should get some of the blame too for playing him). Similarly, nobody is saying Bannan is great because of what he's done off the field. When people slag off Heskey or praise Bannan they're talking about them in purely football terms.

Well that's my point, it doesn't matter what you're like off the pitch all that matters is how well you can kick a ball.

There are acceptable mistakes that young people will make but drink driving on a motorway just doesn't sit right for me.

I hope he has learnt, I hope this experience scared the shit out of him and makes him a better man.

Four grand and a wrecked car is nothing to a player on these kind of wages. So it`s taxis for a couple of years then....

Don`t consider that any of that will be anything beyond a mild irritation for him.

Possibly the only scare being the risk of a nasty injury.

Don`t get that when playing need for speed on the playstation.

Four grand and a wrecked car is nothing to a player on these kind of wages. So it`s taxis for a couple of years then....

Don`t consider that any of that will be anything beyond a mild irritation for him.

I am sure some teammates who he has become quite friendly with will give him rides to practices/games.

What does the fact he's a footballer have to do with this offence ?

How is it any different than a plumber getting arrested for doing exactly the same ?

When a plumber fits a new tap they don't have tens of thousands of people watching them and cheering them on and thousands of younger fans idolising them and seeing them as a role model.

That is the difference.

I would have thought it was obvious.

I am sure some teammates who he has become quite friendly with will give him rides to practices/games.

If not the money modern footballers earn, he could afford to hire a driver to run him around

Footballers are not role models. They're just blokes like the rest of us with more talent at playing football.

If anyone brings their children up to look up to footballers as some sort of moral compass, then they're incredibly bad parents. Just as you wouldn't tell your children to look up to rock stars and follow their behaviour patterns.

People going on about how they're setting bad examples for children should in fact maybe take a better look at their own parenting skills.

Footballers are not role models. They're just blokes like the rest of us with more talent at playing football.

If anyone brings their children up to look up to footballers as some sort of moral compass, then they're incredibly bad parents. Just as you wouldn't tell your children to look up to rock stars and follow their behaviour patterns.

People going on about how they're setting bad examples for children should in fact maybe take a better look at their own parenting skills.

Buh...? I don't have a stake in this debate, but yours is an utterly bizarre argument.

Parents don't pick the role models for their kids, the kids do. Nobody tells their children to look up to anyone. That's why Balotelli now has to go on and on about firework safety, having set his bathroom on fire. Not because parents are saying 'act like Balotelli, son'.

So people are bad parents because they suggest it can be a bad influence to have footballers driving around pissed...? I'm not even a parent and that's offensive.

I've read some crap on here but WTF !

I've read some crap on here but WTF !

:D:D:D:D