Barry Bannan

villianusa

I like Bannon's vision and the fact that he doesn't waste a pass. A mid-fielder whose first instinct is to go forward is alright by me.

Incidently if we want a midfield enforcer what are the thoughts about Lassana Diarra. Seems to be surplus to requirements and I'll bet Harry Redknapp is eyeing him up.

Now you are talking, although I am not sure he would be the best dressing room influence and he has a bit of an ego. Palacios when Redknob gets Diarra??

Bannan and Gardner will be the best combination, IMO, if Gardner can regain his fitness. Bannan looks like a very good player indeed, a little rash at times but his vision and range of passes are a breath of fresh air. The one pass for Downing split Man U in two, it was hard to spot on TV let alone from 5ft something high and 35 yards away, its this type of ability that cannot be trained into players, their born with it.

If he can keep his confidence up and string a few games together like this one then hopefully he can become a great player for us, a Gordan Cowans for the next 10 years.....? I hope so!

I'd play the 3 of them together, think it would be pretty good at holding on to the ball.

Bannan and Gardner will be the best combination, IMO, if Gardner can regain his fitness. Bannan looks like a very good player indeed, a little rash at times but his vision and range of passes are a breath of fresh air. The one pass for Downing split Man U in two, it was hard to spot on TV let alone from 5ft something high and 35 yards away, its this type of ability that cannot be trained into players, their born with it.

If he can keep his confidence up and string a few games together like this one then hopefully he can become a great player for us, a Gordan Cowans for the next 10 years.....? I hope so!

I'd play the 3 of them together, think it would be pretty good at holding on to the ball.

Well if we did the ground covered by them all would be phenominal, who would make way for them all though, Downing, Young or Allbrighton?

We seem to have options that have come from thin air...... Perhaps this was always Lerners plan, perhaps MON disagreed..........Ireland seems to have lost his fight already!

Danny Wilson and Barry Bannan will make their Scotland debuts against the Faroe Islands on Tuesday.

Liverpol defender Wilson and Aston Villa midfielder Bannan have been named in Craig Levein's experimental line-up to take on the Faroes at Pittodrie.

Blackpool defender Stephen Crainey has also been selected for his first international appearance for more than six years and his Bloomfield Road team-mate Charlie Adam also starts in midfield.

Sunderland goalkeeper Craig Gordon is back in goal after missing the first four Euro 2012 qualifiers with a broken arm, while Black Cats team-mate Phil Bardsley keeps his place in the side after impressing in his debut against Spain last month.

Darren Fletcher will captain Scotland, while Queens Park Rangers ace Jamie Mackie will start in attack.

Scotland team:

Gordon, Bardsley, Caldwell, Wilson, Crainey, Commons, Maloney, Fletcher, Adam, Bannan, Mackie.

http://tinyurl.com/3y76zcu

Brilliant to see a proper footballer in CM, none of Petrov's or NRC's bullshit, but a real player. Just hope he can push on form here. It was so good to see busy, intelligent play for a change. Looks like he's got the tools to be a very good player.

completely agree with this. An Actual footballer.

Diarra is quality but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. The guy has a bit of an ego and if he ever come to us it wouldn't be because he wanted to play for Aston Villa.

while this is true i only think he is as guilty as every other footballer. Hes just a little more honest. For instance didnt he state at pompey that he saw them as a stepping stone, gave his all on the pitch and moved on to a bigger club. Compare that to the roles played by Milner and Barry, i dont see how hes any different.

Diarra is quality but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. The guy has a bit of an ego and if he ever come to us it wouldn't be because he wanted to play for Aston Villa.

while this is true i only think he is as guilty as every other footballer. Hes just a little more honest. For instance didnt he state at pompey that he saw them as a stepping stone, gave his all on the pitch and moved on to a bigger club. Compare that to the roles played by Milner and Barry, i dont see how hes any different.

Good point, well made. Although, I think the comparison to Barry is a little harsh given his years of service and the fact he gave MON three years when he could have gone to Spurs at the start. :winkold:

Ireland should be perservered with.

Young won't be here next season, enjoy him while you can.

I doubt even Young knows where he'll be next season. He certainly doesn't look as if he wants to leave.

Exactly.

I don't think his mind is made up either way, if we show some ambition in the market and if Houllier can make a positive enough impression then I think he'll stay.

Back to Bannan though, he must be facking loving all this. Can't wait to see how and where he fits in the squad once we have players back from injury though.....