Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

I'm really quite pissed off about this...

I'm not entirely sure which part of the situation I'm pissed off with though.

One part of me doesnt want anymore players to leave, ESPECIALLY starting 11 players. I wanted to add to the loss of Young, NRC, Carew etc etc...

But also, Downing isn't great... 20mill is a waste, I mean... Alot of money for him.... But what concerns me is... Who THE **** is going to want to come to us that can supply crosses into the box like downing did last season? I really don't want us to play football like Birmingham did last season, or Bolton or anybody like that. Not necessarily bad teams but,... Not the football I want us to play. WE'RE TWO WINGERS AND TWO BEST PLAYERS DOWN NOW!!!!!!

PISSED OFF! Again... Thanks Villa!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but you cannot get away from the fact that to any outsider we HAVE NO AMBITION !

My mate who is a Sunderland fan says Villa will always be a 'nearly' club .... this season we were even 'nearly' relegated.

How do I convince my 10 yr old season-ticket holding son that he should carrying on supporting a club that sells it's four best player in 3 years and appoints a manager that half the city hate.

We really are a joke at the moment.

OnlyOne....I tend to disagree with your posts, but right now....you are right. We have to put bids in for players now....& still there is no guarantee...I was kind of hoping or still am.......that they have already set the wheels in motion in terms of players like Nzogbia,Parker etc....It is a sorry state of affairs right now...But let's be honest..This was just the calm before the storm...We all knew deep down that Downing would be leaving at some point. It wasn't a matter of IF (well not for me anyway)...just when..& how much. I just hope we get things moving now & quickly. No messing about now waiting...GET BIDDING. We need players and sharpish.

I hope he breaks his leg and I truly mean that. Call it evil or whatever but he would still live an amazing life for the rest of his days anyway with all the money he has. The ungrateful bastard can rot in hell for all I care!

1) 20m is good money if invested well

2) birmingham mail say only part of the fee will go on transfers they said that about young. WHY??

3) downing was a good player for us last season but what an utter **** for the way he has handled this

If those other sources were true that should mean NZog is on his way to ours.

But the worrying thing is.... we now NEED 1 GK, 1 LB, 1 CM, 2 Wingers.

We also need these players to have a good pre-season and get to know the squad. I hope Randy and AMcL have a damn good plan, and they need to do it asap. We need positive news before the weekend.

Can't blame him for going. Why would he be loyal isn't not a brummie or Villa fan. Convinced he'd have stayed under Houllier though.

Agree about loyalty, but we can't know about the latter statement really. If he has been tapped up, it's happened over a period of time. I blame News International! :)

So we sell some bottle job winger who doesn't want to play for us.and half of VT pisses on their girly little knickers. FFS people.

There are 6 weeks of the window left. If at the end of.those 6 weeks we have the same squad with no additions by all means moan, **** it, I'll join you. Until such time keep calm and carry on.

Liverpool is not a better or bigger club than Villa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did they win last season??? They are not in the Champions League!!!!!!!!!!! F U Downing!

Of course they are. Don't be so stupid. We haven't won **** all for 15 years.

You can be stupid yourself! Liverpool is a name, nothing more. Villa have been on par with Liverpool for the last few years, only missing a few points...but those players that got us so close leave before the job is finished and ruins everything.

I still think that photo of him and Carroll was genuine.

i'm starting to think so too

Me 3! Which means he may have lied to the club or the club lied to us! If he lied to the club then he is a bigger knob then first thought!

One month to go before the season starts and we have lost 4 of 5 of our key/top players . Downing, Young, Reo Coker, Friedel. The other key player from last season Bent, is still here thank f***. But we have a lot of work to do in the transfer market in the next month. It is too much of a risk to rely on our youngsters and Ireland for next season.

When Darren Bent joined and said we had "top top" players like Downing and Young to provide him service, bet he didn't think he'd only be playing in the same team as them for 4 months.

Â