The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't hate him. I dislike him quite a bit, I'd boo the shit out of him and quite enjoy him being on the wrong end of a strong tackle.

But hurling abuse at someone's family with the intent of hounding them out of the stadium because you don't like their son is just so far over the line it's incredible.

It's not everyone else being a bit sensitive, it's an absolutely warped thing to suggest.

• Like 1

Watch from 0:51 in 0.25 speed. It’s clear that JJ touched his shoulder and arm but not enough to warrant a foul. What’s super interesting is that at 0:53-0:54 Jack uses his inside leg (which he crosses against his leg to guarantee he falls) to bang against JJ’s leg to manufacture contact seconds before he trips himself. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

What, the actual ****, is this?

His younger siblings? Nephews? Nieces? Lob some offensive language at his Grandparents?

Your posts might be the most lunatic asylum worthy collection of words I've seen on VT.

FTFY

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't hate him. I dislike him quite a bit, I'd boo the shit out of him and quite enjoy him being on the wrong end of a strong tackle.

But hurling abuse at someone's family with the intent of hounding them out of the stadium because you don't like their son is just so far over the line it's incredible.

It's not everyone else being a bit sensitive, it's an absolutely warped thing to suggest.

That’s exactly what it is…

If that kind of thing gets you clutching pearls, don’t watch any stand up comedy by Frankie Boyle, Jim Jeffries or Jimmy Carr… You’ll be on the phone to Ofcom before you know it… After all, if they said it, it must be gospel!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Watch from 0:51 in 0.25 speed. It’s clear that JJ touched his shoulder and arm but not enough to warrant a foul. What’s super interesting is that at 0:53-0:54 Jack uses his inside leg (which he crosses against his leg to guarantee he falls) to bang against JJ’s leg to manufacture contact seconds before he trips himself. 

Honestly, you care way way too much.  He's not "banging his leg against JJ" - he's running across his man to ensure contact.

Just now, bobzy said:

Honestly, you care way way too much.  He's not "banging his leg against JJ" - he's running across his man to ensure contact.

He is though. He cheats to make the contact. JJ isn’t near enough to do this 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

That’s exactly what it is…

If that kind of thing gets you clutching pearls, don’t watch any stand up comedy by Frankie Boyle, Jim Jeffries or Jimmy Carr… You’ll be on the phone to Ofcom before you know it… After all, if they said it, it must be gospel!

There is nothing in the below that is either a) funny or b) has any indication that you're joking or otherwise. 

51 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Are we allowed to start throwing abuse at his family until they turn in their season tickets now?

Let some actual Villa fans come to Villa Park instead of those charlatans who were probably ever so proud of their son/brother stitching up “their club”

BUT YEAH, GREAT BANTZ MAN.

• Like 4

Just now, The_Steve said:

He is though. He cheats to make the contact. JJ isn’t near enough to do this 

He doesn't cheat.  He runs across his man to ensure he gets clipped.  That's what happens, that's what happens in the clip.  Ramsey doesn't make a challenge so, in my eyes, it shouldn't be a penalty but it isn't cheating or diving or anything other than Grealish trying to engineer contact from an opponent.

Ashley Young at Man Utd against us was way worse.

35 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Exactly… so he did it just to **** us (allegedly “his own”) over…

and the fact that the thread was started by his brother is neither here nor there…

I think it’s been proven by daddy and brother Jack that you can’t trust anything a Grealish says or does… so put them all in the same basket…

Apples not falling far from trees and all that…

You doubling down on it with this nonsense when you were called out is a pretty solid indicator that you aren't the new Jimmy Carr, and were in fact serious and trying not to look quite so stupid now you've seen the reaction from more people, but keep telling yourself you're one of the great comics of our age.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He doesn't cheat.  He runs across his man to ensure he gets clipped.  That's what happens, that's what happens in the clip.  Ramsey doesn't make a challenge so, in my eyes, it shouldn't be a penalty but it isn't cheating or diving or anything other than Grealish trying to engineer contact from an opponent.

Ashley Young at Man Utd against us was way worse.

Contact isn’t a penalty. Jack’s is way worse. He makes the contact where there is no contact to be made. Jack is ahead of his man for pace but still decides to make the contact rather than carry on. It’s embarrassing on many levels. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Contact isn’t a penalty. Jack’s is way worse. He makes the contact where there is no contact to be made. Jack is ahead of his man for pace but still decides to make the contact rather than carry on. It’s embarrassing on many levels. 

Yes, I've already said I don't think it should be a penalty.

In his stride, running across his man, Grealish's leg hits JJ and sends him off balance.  I have no doubts he's looking for the contact, and I also think he doesn't go down if he doesn't get the contact.  He doesn't break stride to get clipped or dive or cheat or anything.

The only embarrassing thing is the huge overreaction to it.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes, I've already said I don't think it should be a penalty.

In his stride, running across his man, Grealish's leg hits JJ and sends him off balance.  I have no doubts he's looking for the contact, and I also think he doesn't go down if he doesn't get the contact.  He doesn't break stride to get clipped or dive or cheat or anything.

The only embarrassing thing is the huge overreaction to it.

Grealish intentionally brings his leg across JJ to make contact. It’s that simple. It wouldn’t happen otherwise. 

Jack “my club” Grealish diving in the most pathetic way when they are two up instead of carrying on is most telling. ‘Nothing about how he falls is from natural contact. 

• Like 1

The real problem with the whole penalty debate is:

1) If he was wearing a Villa shirt it's accidental contact. No penalty.

2) In a Man City shirt its a nailed on penalty.

That's what we should be discussing, not if Jack dived or not. There was contact, and the fact he's wearing a Man City shirt means it was always going to be given.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There is nothing in the below that is either a) funny or b) has any indication that you're joking or otherwise. 

BUT YEAH, GREAT BANTZ MAN.

And people said exactly the same about Jimmy Carrs joke regarding travellers and the holocaust…

And Jim Jefferies making jokes regarding sexual assault…

and Frankie Boyle making comments about the disabled…

The fact that you guys are all up in arms makes it even funnier…

You could have laughed it off or ignored it, but you jumped all over it like dogs in heat, telling the world how evil, “twisted” and “warped” I am…

Â