The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

On 24/12/2021 at 21:02, sidcow said:

No, he was very badly treated by the club and never once complained or badmouthed them and eventually made a complete turnaround of his career with us becoming an important and integral part of the team. 

He's not a legend but he's a player many feel a lot of warmth for.  I can't understand why some don't see that. 

He's closer to being a legend than he is to being a poor player for us.

He's much much more than 1 goal against the unwashed and that's it. 

I agree he was badly treated but to a certain extent I think it's just because we are used to players kicking and screaming when some tiny thing doesn't go their way, talking and scheming with agents and the press to get a move. Being devils advocate on his 'bomb squad' contract Hutton was probably being paid literally 10's of thousands per week more than he'd get anywhere else, and was happy to just grit teeth, turn up and work hard in training, go on loan, whatever as financially it made sense. I would say he only really came back into the team when we got relegated and were involved in more matches approaching his level, and he had quite a few bad games in the championship. 

I agree though, I feel warmth for him and he did his best for us. I sometimes wonder if that's a 'games gone' thing though, like Hutton came here and gave 100% in matches and I assume in training, bombed out or not (regardless of his absolute ability). But surely that's just being professional and what we should expect as a minimum? 

11 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'd have him back in a heartbeat

I dont think our board would or Gerrard he wasnt fond of players with similar attitudes when he was Liverpool captain 

Also the never go back saying 

• Like 1

I know it's TalkSport, the bar is very low, once again Jordan is correct. Grealish is not a young man and that excuse for his conduct is totally wrong. If Sterling or another Black player did and has done what Jack has done, the media reception would be far, far more hostile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a video from last week 

Is it? I don't remember seeing Keown in the two videos I've seen of Jordan calling Jack a moron. But if it is then fair enough.

EDIT: Uploaded today. So that's the third video of this shit now I think?

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, PieFacE said:

Is it? I don't remember seeing Keown in the two videos I've seen of Jordan calling Jack a moron. But if it is then fair enough.

It was from the very next day I think as Jordan had an argument with Keown soon after

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

What's he done now?

Greal-hiss will never change, he's flawed like every one of us.

Difference is we’re not all 100m pound footballers playing for the richest team in the world. He could get away with poor behaviour at Villa. He’s got no chance at City when he’s not even performing well!

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wouldn’t. Glad we’re moving away from a whole team around Jack. Would maybe have him back on a free where he has to fight for his place. 

I agree with that sentiment, but i think in this new setup, gerrard wouldnt make his tactics all about getting the ball to jack. No matter what i think of him for how he left, he is a superb footballer. Imagine him playing in one of the two 10 positions

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I agree with that sentiment, but i think in this new setup, gerrard wouldnt make his tactics all about getting the ball to jack. No matter what i think of him for how he left, he is a superb footballer. Imagine him playing in one of the two 10 positions

I don’t think It was ever a tactic. Players just resorted to it and he demanded the ball at all times. Would get annoyed if didn’t get it. 

I think he thought he was bigger than the club and the club were almost treating him that way. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wouldn’t. Glad we’re moving away from a whole team around Jack. Would maybe have him back on a free where he has to fight for his place. 

Yeah, let's for a change let someone else pick up the tab for a ridiculously highly paid footballer whose lost interest in football and got more interest in partying. 

We'd end up with another Gabby situation where the highest paid player at the club isn't even fit enough to play for the reserves and just drains oodles of cash out of the club. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think It was ever a tactic. Players just resorted to it and he demanded the ball at all times. Would get annoyed if didn’t get it. 

I think he thought he was bigger than the club and the club were almost treating him that way. 

Yeh cant argue with that. I just think gerrard isnt as matey with the players and the demands are higher now, so maybe it wouldnt happen as much. I think jack would also be less arrogant in that sense under gerrard

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agreed mate.

I would go back on my own word though, and suggest that with Gerrard around, his ego would probably be put in check, and we possibly would be a better team for it.

Then again, it could have just gone the exact same way and prompted him to piss off quicker as " Do you know who I am, I'm the King of VP! ? ".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â