The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Needs to slowly bulk up a little, not Gabby fat/bulk but get a little stronger as he gets older.

Oh and sort out the barnet.

Agree with the first bit, and you are right, he does have to be careful about the bulking up because of his playing style.

As to the hair - I like it! That and the rolled down socks gives him that certain something that sets him apart.

If he grows a beard (can he?) he will become a football playing hipster.

This kid could be so good.

He's already better on the ball than most of our players and he's barely hit puberty.

Really exciting prospect. Just needs to make sure he doesn't go missing in games because he has the potential to be massive for us.

Will be the first British player sold for £100m

You heard it hear first! ;)

But he isn't British, is he?
Obviously chinese.

He was born and raised in Birmingham, he's not Irish, his dad is.

"Being born in a stable does not make one a horse"  ;)

• Like 1

Could definitely become a big player for us.

He's not one to have in your team while you are scrapping for your lives but i do like the idea of him being at the tip of a diamond formation, i think that suits his style.

Get the experience into him and a full preseason and he could be a major player next year. All down to Sherwood of course  ;)

He's "Irish". Just like Clark is "Irish".

Given on the other hand is Irish. There's a difference. ;)

Great to see him behind a front 2, something a few of us were asking for before christmas!

Most impressive thing for me is that he had such a "quiet" game and was probably technically our best player, just never gave the ball away and was always offering a link between midfield and the front two. I think we will see spectacular stuff from Jack in the future but it's great to know he can put this type of performance in too. As good as he was at Spurs that kind of game will be a stock performance I think, with every now and again him winning games for us with something special.

With a good preseason working with the new manager, and fingers crossed nothing happens with injury, he could be key next season.

p.s. don't agree at all with anyone saying he should bulk up a bit, he will naturally in the next few years but I don't think he needs to hit the weights or go see Juve's doctor or anything, he's got a slight frame and too much muscle mass on it will lead to injury problems... 

I think Mike's point was that if it were to happen (putting aside the fact that Kingman was obviously being very tongue in cheek), Grealish wouldn't be recognised as the first £100m British player. Because he's not "officially" British.

• Like 1

Being eligible to play for Ireland does not make you Irish, Jack is a brummie and last time I checked Birmingham was in Britain.

Kevin Pietersen is not English because he played for England is he?

Being eligible to play for Ireland does not make you Irish, Jack is a brummie and last time I checked Birmingham was in Britain.

Kevin Pietersen is not English because he played for England is he?

Yes but what I'm saying is if you're looking at records like "first british player to be sold for £100m" then it wouldn't count, because according to FIFA he's Irish.

You wouldn't say Benteke was the first Congolese player to be sold for £100m. You'd say Belgian.

Not sure where Benteke was born, but he certainly has a northern European accent and quite possible has spent the major part of his life in Belgium.

You're right though, as far as FIFA would be concerned he'd be Irish. He's not, but there you go.

That was my point.

A better example would be someone like Andy Townsend.

Had he been transferred for £10million he'd have been the first Irish player to be sold for £10million, despite being about as Irish as the houses of parliament

I think Mike's point was that if it were to happen (putting aside the fact that Kingman was obviously being very tongue in cheek), Grealish wouldn't be recognised as the first £100m British player. Because he's not "officially" British.

His birth certificate will say he is British. You know why? Because he's not Irish, at all, in any way shape or form, nor will he ever be.

His birth certificate will say he is British. You know why? Because he's not Irish, at all, in any way shape or form, nor will he ever be.

Sigh...

did you actually read my post or any of the others after it?

Nobody is saying he isn't British. Just that he won't be recognised as British in the footballing world because he's declared for Ireland

Sigh...

did you actually read my post or any of the others after it?

Nobody is saying he isn't British. Just that he won't be recognised as British in the footballing world because he's declared for Ireland

No I thought it would be better to just ignore it all before I posted, I like to live life on the edge you see. My point is that regardless of who he's declared for, he himself is still British. Even if fifa recognize him as Irish, the statement "the first £100 million British player" would still be accurate.

Â