The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

jury's out.

You don't want much, do you? This guy is the best talent to emerge from our academy for years, i think he's made great progress this season and will only continue to do so in the coming years. I think he is a great football talent

jury's out.

You don't want much, do you? This guy is the best talent to emerge from our academy for years, i think he's made great progress this season and will only continue to do so in the coming years. I think he is a great football talent

I agree he is still young and learning.....so I will let you know when i see he has completed that learning.

just to let you know....I witnessed Trevor Francis, Brian Little & Gary Shaw at a tender age.....different era granted.

I will just reserve my judgment....that's why i am a fan and not a scout.

• Like 1

jury's out.

I agree he is still young and learning.....so I will let you know when i see he has completed that learning.

just to let you know....I witnessed Trevor Francis, Brian Little & Gary Shaw at a tender age.....different era granted.

I will just reserve my judgment....that's why i am a fan and not a scout.

Fair enough, good post

jury's out.

With all due respect, there has been a few false dawns hasn't there....not saying Jack will be one,but lets let him loose on the Prem without too much over excited expectation that can burden him

But I would suggest the Southampton Academy has a bit more to crow about in terms of producing individual talent.

Not decrying Villa at all, just trying to put a few things in perspective

Edited by TRO

Okay, well he may well be but he sure as shit ain't shown it in the limited opportunities he's had to do so, imo

I think he's done well, he's shown glimpses of real quality, he just needs a run of games, i think that will come soon, the manager obviously has great faith in him

• Like 2

Okay, well he may well be but he sure as shit ain't shown it in the limited opportunities he's had to do so, imo

Ain't shown what exactly? What are you looking for?

He hasn't shown that he's ready to start, imo.

What would he have needed to do to earn a start? He's been in some great positions in the limited minutes he's had and could have had a goal and an assist or two quite easily.

I think he's done well, he's shown glimpses of real quality, he just needs a run of games, i think that will come soon, the manager obviously has great faith in him

I agree with this, 

IMO He has done/created more than 80% of the squad compared to how many minutes he's been on the pitch! 

I know MOTD is only highlights, but to have featured quite heavily in them, surely that means something.

Certainly it means to me that he should be on the pitch from the start.

Lol what a strange thing to say. Jack, you're on the bench this week because MOTD didnt show enough highlights of you. Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

Fair enough, but that doesn't really answer the second question. banned seems "sure as shit" that he hasn't shown whatever it is.

I know MOTD is only highlights, but to have featured quite heavily in them, surely that means something.

Certainly it means to me that he should be on the pitch from the start.

Lol what a strange thing to say. Jack, you're on the bench this week because MOTD didnt show enough highlights of you.

Missing the point? Surely the fact that he featured so heavily compared to others would mean that he should continue to start.

Or did MOTD just miss the many scintillating passages of play involving other team-mates. 

You must be watching the wrong team then. It's plainly obvious to see the change in the final third when he comes on.

What would he have needed to do to earn a start? He's been in some great positions in the limited minutes he's had and could have had a goal and an assist or two quite easily.

I think he's been naive and lightweight.

He has shown moments of quality and I'm certain he will be a big player for us in the future.

But I think he's had a chance against palace and Blackpool to show that he's ready for a start and he didn't. Palace especially he looked honestly quite poor.

Like I've said before, I'm not knocking him. He's young and in his first season. Inconsistency is what you'd expect. But that's also what's keeping him out of the team.

I wouldn't mind if he started, I'd rather see him than NZogbia. But I can see why he's not being started at the moment.

• Like 1

If he hasn't shown enough to start then surely the same could be said for cleverley, nzogbia and weimman.

I'd rather play cleverly or weimann at the moment. But cleverly is a bad example really as they're very different players.

Nzogbia is garbage, so I'd agree with you there.

Edited by Stevo985

Â