The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't think they want to pressure him by chucking him on and expecting him to salvage a game for us, so they're waiting for more opportune time when we're not in the doldrums. Not bad thinking, if you ask me. 

Wasn't Rooney* was 16 when he burst onto the scene and came off the bench and scored the winner for Everton vs Arsenal. The point being if your good enough your old enough.

Apart from playing Hull and Norwich (since February) we haven't dominated a game and looked comfortable. If we wait for a time when we're not in the doldrums under Lamber Grealish might find he doesn't get a game until he's in his 30's!

* I'm not suggesting Grealish will be as good as Rooney!

We can't possibly know if he's good enough right now.  Perhaps that's why he makes squads but not first teams, eh?

I don't think they want to pressure him by chucking him on and expecting him to salvage a game for us, so they're waiting for more opportune time when we're not in the doldrums. Not bad thinking, if you ask me. 

Wasn't Rooney* was 16 when he burst onto the scene and came off the bench and scored the winner for Everton vs Arsenal. The point being if your good enough your old enough.

Apart from playing Hull and Norwich (since February) we haven't dominated a game and looked comfortable. If we wait for a time when we're not in the doldrums under Lamber Grealish might find he doesn't get a game until he's in his 30's!

We can't possibly know if he's good enough right now.  Perhaps that's why he makes squads but not first teams, eh?

Surely he has to be more effective on the wings than either Agbonlahor or Weimann??? Its not even their natural positions and if they can keep him out the team then he must be dire. Either that or Lambert doesnt have the balls to wack him on whilst and risk another loss whilst the fans are against him.

• Like 1

Same as Sanchez and Okore, If we don't play them how will we know if their good enough?

• Like 1

Let's give the lad a chance then and we'll find out what he is made of. We won't find out if he doesn't play much.

Alternatively we can persist with the same players and same tactics that have gained us the mighty1 point and 1 goal from our last 7 games.

• Like 1

Same as Sanchez and Okore, If we don't play them how will we know if their good enough?

Sanchez plays, Okore has been off with a major injury.

Grealish will get his chance when the coaching staff think he's ready.

Sanchez plays, Okore has been off with a major injury.

Grealish will get his chance when the coaching staff think he's ready.

Sanchez has only been a starter of late, Okore has been fit for a while and has been playing for the U21s & his National team. 

Apparently Okore has psychology issues playing for the first team if you believe what you read.

Rooneys body shape is such that at 16 he was incredibly blocky. He pays for it now and will be a fat mess post retirement no doubt. Grealish is a much more slight specimen. I think he's probably a stone too light for the top level right now. Still needs experience though and I think with enough cameo appearances he's capable of contributing without the pressure of a full start.

KP you might have a point there.  The counter argument is that Grealish has already played a season in division 2 which from what I have seen is a quite physical league so it's not as if he wouldn't be used to that side of the game.

When we lack width and don't create many goal scoring chances it is a no brainer for me that Grealish should be getting more playing time. 

Edited by Brumstopdogs

KP you might have a point there.  The counter argument is that Grealish has already played a season in division 2 which from what I have seen is a quite physical league so it's not as if he wouldn't be used to that side of the game.

When we lack width and don't create many goal scoring chances it is a no brainer for me that Grealish should be getting more playing time. 

League One is more physical in the sense of you're more likely to take kicks and suffer from cynical hacks etc.  The players in the Premier League will be physically stronger.

(Edit:  Although I'd love to see Grealish play and be awesome, I'm equally happy to see his development prolonged and for him to get the chance when ready).

Edited by bobzy

* I'm not suggesting Grealish will be as good as Rooney!

We can't possibly know if he's good enough right now. Perhaps that's why he makes squads but not first teams, eh?

How will we know if John Smith in the under 9s is good enough if we don't play him?

I wonder if it was a conscious decision to play him to get him to sign a new deal.

Interesting how little playing time he's got since signing it.

188 mins before...

0 mins since...

Selecting players ahead of him who can't run or control the ball can't be a good example to set.

Edited by Tomaszk

We can't possibly know if he's good enough right now. Perhaps that's why he makes squads but not first teams, eh?

How will we know if John Smith in the under 9s is good enough if we don't play him?

How many seasons of senior football has he got under his belt in other leagues?

How many seasons of senior football has he got under his belt in other leagues?
Obviously I'm exagerrating to make a point, but that point still stands.

I'd like to see Grealish play, in just saying that the logic of "we won't know if he doesn't play" doesn't work because you could say that about anybody.

Â