The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I hope Keane's role here and at Ireland is not the reason grealish has now been left out of the squad.

I'd say the reason he's been left out is because he's been bloody hopeless so far.

He maybe a good prospect but let's not pretend he's pulled up trees in the first team yet.

He's came on 3-0 down vs Arsenal, when the team had little intention of attacking (and when the ball did get to him, he drew fouls) and has had a few 10-15 minutes at the end of matches. Hardly enough reason to call him hopeless. He gave the ball away a few times vs Man City, but that was Man City, who were all over us. Takes some getting used to the pace of the league, especially if you've mostly only played League 1 & reserves. From a purely technical aspect, he's is better than anyone else at the club. Needs more minutes and I think he should get more, as the first team has been mostly hopeless in attacking positions this season. Players are currently being rewarded with more game time for being absolute shite in previous matches.

Edited by VillaRoy

Makes me wonder if his absense from the squad is Keane's influence...

"Roy Keane has taken a swipe at the father of Jack Grealish as the Villa youngster’s international future still remains up in the air."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-roy-keane-hits-8119524

Makes me wonder if his absense from the squad is Keane's influence...

"Roy Keane has taken a swipe at the father of Jack Grealish as the Villa youngster’s international future still remains up in the air."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-roy-keane-hits-8119524

There is no context there though. Say that with a smile and he is just joking and taking the piss out of Jack's dad. 

I guess the issue at the moment is that in the last ten minutes of games, we have consistently been under siege from the opposition... at that point, do we have the luxury of bringing on someone like grealish with the amount of defensive work that is required from all of our players?

I understand that you don't really bring on a young player like Grealish if it's really close, but why not bring him on when we are losing or when we have a comfortable lead (may happen sometime this season)? I can understand not starting him, but when Lambert looks to the bench in the 2nd half, we really only have maybe 1-2 players who can actually make an impact not including Grealish, so why not try him then? 

I don't think they want to pressure him by chucking him on and expecting him to salvage a game for us, so they're waiting for more opportune time when we're not in the doldrums. Not bad thinking, if you ask me. 

So he'll get a game when Lambert **** off then?

Sitting on the bench or playing for the U21's is not helping his progression but Lambert is the managerial Fred West of youth development?

I do think people forget that Jack is still a 19 year old boy.

So is Raheem Stirling and Is suspect that if he played for the Villa he would be getting the same chances as young Jack under our esteemed manager!

See that?

it's the point you've missed.

• Like 1

So is Raheem Stirling and Is suspect that if he played for the Villa he would be getting the same chances as young Jack under our esteemed manager!

See that?

So it is the manager that is holding young Jack back then? And if Stirling was here then Lambert would have been 100% wrong to hold him back as he has proved good enough for the Premier League? Ergo Lambert and his team set up is the problem? Thought so!

See that?

So it is the manager that is holding young Jack back then? And if Stirling was here then Lambert would have been 100% wrong to hold him back as he has proved good enough for the Premier League? Ergo Lambert and his team set up is the problem? Thought so!

I was talking about his cryptic Twitter posts. As in he's still a teenager, his Twitter etiquette is still befitting of one.

Agree about his Twitter behavior, he's still a kid can see the immaturity in that kind of behavior but it's as not as if becoming a professional footballer automatically matures you. Wouldn't read too much into anything there personally.   

I don't think they want to pressure him by chucking him on and expecting him to salvage a game for us, so they're waiting for more opportune time when we're not in the doldrums. Not bad thinking, if you ask me. 

Wasn't Rooney* was 16 when he burst onto the scene and came off the bench and scored the winner for Everton vs Arsenal. The point being if your good enough your old enough.

Apart from playing Hull and Norwich (since February) we haven't dominated a game and looked comfortable. If we wait for a time when we're not in the doldrums under Lamber Grealish might find he doesn't get a game until he's in his 30's!

* I'm not suggesting Grealish will be as good as Rooney!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

Â