The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

(Short) piece on the BBC Sport site saying Paul Lambert has "challenged Jack to break into the first team". Encouraging?

As I've said before, Lambert comes across as a good man manager to me. He won't want Jack getting ahead of himself, especially if he does plan to involve him a fair bit this season.

I agree and for that reason I don't think he'll play him at the start of the season.

Jesus, you seem so pissed off. Like seriously its a friendly.

So what your doing is questioning an 18 year olds performance who come off the bench and got himself a goal despite being the youngest on the pitch...Wow.

Go kick a ball around or something and come back with a clear head.

Good grief, talk about an over reaction, were you on the beer last night or something ?

All I said, was I thought he had an average game against Chesterfield LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ... WOW!

I gather you're related to Jack somehow, well if you found that too critical you're going to need a much thicker skin if (as we all hope) the lad progresses to playing weekly

? Im over reacting ? Im not the one SPEAKING LIKE THIS.

I can tell by the way your wording you are attempting to troll in some sort of way. I will try to ignore future posts.

We need him to sign a contract before next season starts otherwise i really do fear us losing him for peanuts

Lambert may almost be afraid to play the guy because a couple of standout performances will certainly have the big boys sniffing round him if they aren't already

What I love the most with Jack is the fast one touch passes he does with other people instead of standing still and watching around him like the majority of the squad does. He wants to prove himself and after what I've seen of him I really think he deserves to play a part this season. Jack is also always on the move and players often find him, great ball control as well. Offer him a new contract already!!  

Its also his natural body movement which is so impressive, doesn't rely on pace at all but just has a natural fluidity and agility that makes him so elusive on that left hand side. David Silva is the most natural I have seen in the prem but the way Grealish dribbles, drops the shoulder and shifts his body weight is so similar and its pretty much unteachable.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 2

Kev has he got an agent yet? Have we started talks with him?

Nope and nope.
Are the family concerned? Is jack worried? Why do you think nothing has been discussed yet?

No mate. If its not obvious then of course a top four club would take jack on if they could. But a lot of agents know the deal with us as a family. They know were villa through and through and that's not looking any different.

Nope and nope.
Are the family concerned? Is jack worried? Why do you think nothing has been discussed yet?
No mate. If its not obvious then of course a top four club would take jack on if they could. But a lot of agents know the deal with us as a family. They know were villa through and through and that's not looking any different.
And there is the reason nothing has been sorted yet. Whether its a good understanding of the situation or taking advantage, the club know Jack is very unlikely to be making exit plans due to not being offered anything. So they don't see it as an immediate problem.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing for Jack anyway and could easily work to his advantage because if he gets to impress at all at first team level he will be able to get himself a much better terms than if he signed earlier in the year.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

Nope and nope.

I'd have thought that attitude would be rewarded but for some reason it isn't. Surely this kind of contract discussion should be the easiest to get done.

Bear in mind, and I genuinely mean no offence to Kevan here, we are only hearing one side of the story.

There's clearly no great pressure from either side, he wants to be here and we obviously will want him to stay. Nobody will be ploughing ahead with anything just for our benefit.

Â