The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Anyone else get the impression Paul doesn't like this kid? He says that "he still has an absolute mile to go" but with other players like Benteke he says that "he could be anything he wants to be" . I just get the feeling that Lambert is only playing these kids (him and Robinson) because he feels he's pressurised into playing them.

He played Robinson already earlier on this season in the League Cup, probably would have got more game time too if we had managed to stay in it longer.

Jack is a few years younger than Benteke yet and went straight into the Premier League with a fair bit more experience than Jack currently has. People seem to pick up on these comments far too often, it really is just simple man management. Do we want Jack mixing with the wrong bunch, getting an inflated ego and so on? Of course not, he genuinely does have miles to go and he needs to know that, but it isn't necessarily negative for him to be told this and I'm actually pretty positive that Jack knows it himself. 

• Like 1

Anyone else get the impression Paul doesn't like this kid? He says that "he still has an absolute mile to go" but with other players like Benteke he says that "he could be anything he wants to be" . I just get the feeling that Lambert is only playing these kids (him and Robinson) because he feels he's pressurised into playing them.

He played Robinson already earlier on this season in the League Cup, probably would have got more game time too if we had managed to stay in it longer.

Jack is a few years younger than Benteke yet and went straight into the Premier League with a fair bit more experience than Jack currently has. People seem to pick up on these comments far too often, it really is just simple man management. Do we want Jack mixing with the wrong bunch, getting an inflated ego and so on? Of course not, he genuinely does have miles to go and he needs to know that, but it isn't necessarily negative for him to be told this and I'm actually pretty positive that Jack knows it himself.

I think the lad is ready. He came on versus Man C touched the ball about 3 times and I think he won 2 free kicks? He's better than what we currently he have.

I think the lad is ready. He came on versus Man C touched the ball about 3 times and I think he won 2 free kicks? He's better than what we currently he have.

Robinson won those 2 free kicks.

Jack was the one with the 100% passing accuracy (out of 5 passes).

• Like 1

He could improve his long-range shooting.

Also saying he's got "miles to go" might be an attempt to put any potential buyers off the scent and hold down his wage demands. You don't pay the unfinished article the same as the more experienced players in the team, even though they have got a lot of potential.

Robinson won those 2 free kicks.

Jack was the one with the 100% passing accuracy (out of 5 passes).

Nice to see you agree ;)

Yeah I thought it was pathetic they both didn't get 30 mins to be honest.

The game was over, Tottenham had taken their foot right off the pedal so it was the ideal opportunity.

The only possible reason is that Lambert knows he is off and no longer gives a toss.

was i right in hearing that jack and dj were heading out to hong kong in two weeks time for the soccer sevens again?

would be great to see them lighting up the tournament again.... in fact, with the season that jack's just had, i suspect he will appear as a man among boys in the competition here...

was i right in hearing that jack and dj were heading out to hong kong in two weeks time for the soccer sevens again?

would be great to see them lighting up the tournament again.... in fact, with the season that jack's just had, i suspect he will appear as a man among boys in the competition here...

In for training now before heading off to Hong Kong tmmz. Life's good 

Edited by packoman

From the sounds of how our summer is going to be he might well be getting a fair few minutes next season after all.

You'd hope so but we have been started to be linked with the likes Pilkington and Wright-Phillips so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Lambert sign mediocrity like that to continue blocking the paths of Grealish and co.

Edited by Isa

Â