The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Arsenal fans are a special kind of deluded 

Twitter is absolutely flooded with everyone begging their club signs him. They all think he plays for Villa so is attainable. The Spurs fans are at it now because they think they’ll have the money for him after selling Kane. I think he’s everyone’s favourite player outside their own clubs. Find it annoying like a protective jealous other half tbh 😂 

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Twitter is absolutely flooded with everyone begging their club signs him. They all think he plays for Villa so is attainable. The Spurs fans are at it now because they think they’ll have the money for him after selling Kane. I think he’s everyone’s favourite player outside their own clubs. Find it annoying like a protective jealous other half tbh 😂 

Spurs had their chance.  **** off Levy!

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We had never spent £28-33m on a player before last summer. That didn't stop us shelling out for Watkins. Teams break their transfer records pretty regularly. Don't think they'd have to spend £120m to get him either

No we didn’t but it’s likely our record spend will go up year on year, City have been spending big for years but it’s £60m -£80m on a lot of players, I know pundits and sky have brainwashed most into thinking it’s wrong for teams like us to have ambition and hold on to star players but we don’t have to or need to sell!

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

No we didn’t but it’s likely our record spend will go up year on year, City have been spending big for years but it’s £60m -£80m on a lot of players, I know pundits and sky have brainwashed most into thinking it’s wrong for teams like us to have ambition and hold on to star players but we don’t have to or need to sell!

I'm far from brainwashed, and totally agree that we shouldn't sell! I just fear that we might. Jack was clearly not opposed to going last summer, and will know he's easily good enough to be winning trophies and playing in the Champions League. Reliable journalists have said that Manchester City are interested. Hopefully we can convince him to stay again

28 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

When’s the last time city spent £120m on one player?

The articles, Tweets, quotes from the club, player and agent himself are never taken into account. However the paper talk, fan feelings and " My uncles auntie said "is always " factual " and creates " fears " .

They don't need him, and won't be paying 100 mill for him either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Bernardo Silva or Mahrez.  

So you think that City's need for a player to replace Mahrez, or Silva, is so pressing, that they are willing to pay 100 mill for Jack Grealish? 🤦🏾‍♂️

Sterling, Mahrez, Foden, Torres, Silva.

Also, you say instead of " Mahrez " as if he is shabby.

Yes Sterling has been out of form, but they have other pressing issues. City don't really do "Marquee " signings for the sake of it anymore, and if they did, I have a feeling they wouldn't be English.

They would be more likely to go for someone like Harry Kane IMO, Mbappe, Haaland. Kane aside, the other two would be better value for money for them. Wouldn't even shock me if they went for someone like Saka, picking off Arsenal is regular programming for them.

No one is debating whether he is good enough to play for City or not. We are debating the logic, finance, and logistics behind it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The articles, Tweets, quotes from the club, player and agent himself are never taken into account. However the paper talk, fan feelings and " My uncles auntie said "is always " factual " and creates " fears " .

They don't need him, and won't be paying 100 mill for him either.

Not sure what you're on about there. So articles are ok but not paper talk? 😂

What quotes from his agent am I not taking into account? The ones where he said lots of clubs are interested and he might stay or might go? Because that's literally what I've said.

Also not sure when I put forward any claims from my 'uncle's auntie' or any kind of ITK nonsense.

We all want him to stay (though I seem to remember you saying we should sell him when he was quiet for a couple of games post-lockdown). All I'm saying is that teams most certainly will want him, and will pay top dollar for him. Hopefully he sticks around 

We wont sell him this summer. Just doesnt make any sense even if £100m is on the table. The pull of Aston Villa is dependent on Jack Grealish being at the club. It would set us back and all of NSWEs investment to date. Not for sale, 5 year contract. Next summer if we havent had a good season then it might be different. Deano said the other day he’s ignoring all the speculation and that Jack is on board with the vision, plans and ambitions of the owners. Everything anyone writes or says is the usual speculation surrounding world class players at non-top 4 clubs. Gary Lineker at it now saying Grealish is in the same bracket as Kane and should be thinking carefully about his next career move. Shearer and Micah Richards thought otherwise!

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you think that City's need for a player to replace Mahrez, or Silva, is so pressing, that they are willing to pay 100 mill for Jack Grealish? 🤦🏾‍♂️

Yes Sterling has been out of form, but they have other pressing issues. City don't really do "Marquee " signings for the sake of it anymore, and if they did, I have a feeling they wouldn't be English.

They would be more likely to go for someone like Harry Kane IMO, Mbappe, Haaland. Kane aside, the other two would be better value for money for them. Wouldn't even shock me if they went for someone like Saks, picking off Arsenal is regular programming for them.

No one is debating whether he is good enough to play for City or not. We are debating the logic, finance, and logistics behind it.

exactly , Foden and Grealish are like for like, Can’t see them even going for Kane or Haaland they’ve got by just fine without as Centre Forward this season , much more likely to sign a young 19 year we haven’t heard about from la liga.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They would be more likely to go for someone like Harry Kane IMO, Mbappe, Haaland. Kane aside, the other two would be better value for money for them. Wouldn't even shock me if they went for someone like Saks, picking off Arsenal is regular programming for them.

They dont need to but I think any manager would want to coach Jack grealish

• Like 1

Â