Global Warming

legov

How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?

• Certain
    • Likely
    • Not Likely
    • No way

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I think you’re confusing ‘views’ with ‘facts’.

Not really, my view is a different to others, I dont live my life worrying, an I'm getting lambasted for it. No where have I said I don't believe in global warming, covid etc, but seem to be getting put in a certain group. Typical VT to be fair. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not really, my view is a different to others, I dont live my life worrying, an I'm getting lambasted for it. No where have I said I don't believe in global warming, covid etc, but seem to be getting put in a certain group. Typical VT to be fair. 

That's not happening. You were challenged on your differing opinion and threw your toys out of the pram.

If you walked into a church and shouted that there was no god then you'd get challenged. You have to expect that. BUt instead of debating your very valid view you'd run out of the church crying because somebody disagreed with you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's not happening. You were challenged on your differing opinion and threw your toys out of the pram.

If you walked into a church and shouted that there was no god then you'd get challenged. You have to expect that. BUt instead of debating your very valid view you'd run out of the church crying because somebody disagreed with you

I think that's unfair.

I perceived his view to be that GW is real, but that there's in essence not much he personally can do to prevent it, or reverse it and that he wasn't going to have a, er,  meltdown over its impact on him or his family - there are enough other things to worry about right now. And I kind of get that, if I've read it right.

To an extent we are being bombarded by the media with news of pandemics, monkeypox, climate catastrophe, soaring costs, NI peace agreements, NHS falling apart, travel chaos, war, famine, culture wars... I mean it's enough to stress out anyone, and so an attitude to "I'm not gonna worry myself about stuff, because I'm essentially powerless to change it" is a natural (and probably healthy, mental wise) response for a lot of people.

I'd also kind of hope that when it comes to having a rare opportunity to actually make a tiny difference people will have a think about whether things have been getting better or worse over the past decade or so, and make sure that they use their vote accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think that's unfair.

I perceived his view to be that GW is real, but that there's in essence not much he personally can do to prevent it, or reverse it and that he wasn't going to have a, er,  meltdown over its impact on him or his family - there are enough other things to worry about right now. And I kind of get that, if I've read it right.

I didn't say anything different

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Agree with the point that we need to limit the amount of negative information we consume to not go mental. But this ^, when combined with all your other posts on this topic, just reads like "I accept the facts of the situation but I don't GAF" - which opens you up to fair criticism in my book

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Threw my toys out of the pram, have I, thanks for telling me as I haven't noticed?

Both our views are valid, why would I be upset about anything. You need to stay off twitter chap. 

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Threw my toys out of the pram, have I, thanks for telling me as I haven't noticed?

Both our views are valid, why would I be upset about anything. You need to stay off twitter chap. 

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

It was the throwing the toys bit - I thought a bit unfair. Your posts were reasonable.

It's not just this thread. FEY has a habit of popping into threads, saying something largely unpopular, and then when anyone challenges him saying "oh I don't have the same opinion as everyone else so everybody attacks me"

Sorry if I overreacted

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry if I overreacted

I don't think you did - I just read the last couple of pages differently to you, slightly, so wrote what I thought. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not just this thread. FEY has a habit of popping into threads, saying something largely unpopular, and then when anyone challenges him saying "oh I don't have the same opinion as everyone else so everybody attacks me"

Sorry if I overreacted

How do you even know I don't do more for climate change than you. I said I do my bit, but that part was ignored,  I think it's reasonable enough to say that i don't let it effect my life.

I was in the garden yesterday, filled the pool and had water fights with my 7 year old. Sorry I wasn't in a corner flapping about how we are destroying the world 

21 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

How do you even know I don't do more for climate change than you. I said I do my bit, but that part was ignored,  I think it's reasonable enough to say that i don't let it effect my life.

I was in the garden yesterday, filled the pool and had water fights with my 7 year old. Sorry I wasn't in a corner flapping about how we are destroying the world 

I didn't say you did more or less than me. As I've said time and time again, I was merely commenting on you saying that it's not worth worrying about and our kids will deal with it. You seem to have taken this as some sort of personal attack on what you do regarding climate change. I have no idea what you do. I don't particularly care.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't say you did more or less than me. As I've said time and time again, I was merely commenting on you saying that it's not worth worrying about and our kids will deal with it. You seem to have taken this as some sort of personal attack on what you do regarding climate change. I have no idea what you do. I don't particularly care.

Well you seem to have made it a big issue, if you don't really care.

Anyway just to make it clear for you. I acknowledge GW is a issue, do my bit, but don't let it effect my life enough for me to worry. 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyway just to make it clear for you. I acknowledge GW is a issue, do my bit, but don't let it effect my life enough for me to worry. 

Great. That’s what I understood from the start. All I said was I’m thankful there are people in the world who do worry about it

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I honestly think if that's what you'd have said in the first place, no one would have batted an eyelid :lol:

Not like me anyway, my whole career is reducing carbon! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I hope you looked your kid in the eyes and wished them the best of luck with fixing climate change ;) 

I tell you what, I will wreck his life, look him in the eyes, an tell him how shit the world is gonna be when he grows up cause daddy didn't worry about GW, an tell him instead of a footballer, Greta needs to be his idol. 

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes you cant worry about things that are out of your control 

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

But you can show compassion and concern, or you can just no comment. 

It's weird when people comment on something others are commenting on to say "this isn't important to me".  Imagine doing it in a public forum :lol:

"ok pal thanks, no one asked you, do one dickhead". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

But you can show compassion and concern, or you can just no comment. 

It's weird when people comment on something others are commenting on to say "this isn't important to me".  Imagine doing it in a public forum :lol:

"ok pal thanks, no one asked you, do one dickhead". 

Of course 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

It's not out of our control though. We can all do something (and before he pipes up I'm not commenting on what any poster here is or isn't doing for climate change)

It's a bit like saying you're not going to vote because it's out of your control. If everyone thought like that we'd be ****

• Like 1

Â