Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Perhaps I now have a vagina, but, I "acquired" Girls and approve.

I know this won't be a popular opinion around VT, but Lena Dunham.

Would.

Unrelated note, Mad Men season 6 starts this weekend!

Some of Girls is quite funny. Not amazing though. Lena Dunham is not do-able though. It's very rare I want a girl to put her boobs away, but I wish she would stop getting them out in Girls, she's like a little pig. 

As for you Stevo, if the battle of blackwater was the last episode you watched then the next one will be the season finalé. As for Tyrion's fate though, you must not have watched episode 9 very carefully!

Yeah I watched the finale last night.

Was a bit disappointed. It was still good, but episode 9 was probably the best episode yet so it felt like a bit of an anti climax.

As for Tyrion:

what do you mean?

In Episode 9 you see him get attacked by that big massive fella on behalf of the queen, he gets saved by his servant bloke, but then you see him laid down on the battle field and his eyes close.

TO me that indicated he was dead (although I had suspicions that he'd survive)

Did I miss something?

Anyway, I know now that he did survive because I've seen the episode after.

I bloody love him. Best chracter by far.

Episode 9 is the climax of the season, absolutely. Anything after that was always going to suffer, but the last episode always has to set up the next season so they don't have much of a choice really.

There's a really good lengthy documentary on making the Battle of Blackwater on the Blu-ray for Season 2, you should check it out, it's very interesting if you're into that kind of thing.

Regarding Tyrion...

If you look when the guy swings his sword, he just misses cutting Tyrion in half. I think Tyrion stumbles backwards or something which just saves him and he just gets a cut across his face. Then Pod comes in, kills the guy and I think it's just the shock of the ordeal that makes him faint. I don't think anyone has ever died from a cut across the face

:P

If you look when the guy swings his sword, he just misses cutting Tyrion in half. I think Tyrion stumbles backwards or something which just saves him and he just gets a cut across his face. Then Pod comes in, kills the guy and I think it's just the shock of the ordeal that makes him faint. I don't think anyone has ever died from a cut across the face

:P

Yeah I didn't miss anything then. I realised he hadn't got him properly, but I thought he was still dead. I couldn't tell how bad the wound was.

On another note, was Revolution worth it?

Bit disappointed with the walking dead series finale.

Gutted that there weren't more of a war, massive build up for something that really didn't happen. 

Also, in the next series, where does it go from here? They've took in a load of old people and children (pretty much everyone who couldn't fight) so what's the story going to be now? Gunna watch them do the knitting? Also, if an elderly person dies in their sleep, wont they turn into a zombie and cause chaos in the prison? They will have to lock everyone up at night as if it's a real prison. 

I really don't know how they can progress this into another interesting series. On a positive note, the blonde girl died (hooray)... now they just have to kill off Carl, cos he's an annoying little shit.

Edited by PieFacE

I don't think anyone has ever died from a cut across the face

I suspect that many have. No antibiotics --> infection --> septicaemia. 

Not in fantasy land though, I suppose. 

Perhaps I now have a vagina, but, I "acquired" Girls and approve.

I know this won't be a popular opinion around VT, but Lena Dunham.

Would.

Unrelated note, Mad Men season 6 starts this weekend!

Some of Girls is quite funny. Not amazing though. Lena Dunham is not do-able though. It's very rare I want a girl to put her boobs away, but I wish she would stop getting them out in Girls, she's like a little pig. 

Agreed, she's absolutely disgusting.

Well, the ending to season three of The Walking Dead was absolutely gash. 

I'll be back next season, but begrudgingly. 

Yep agree, it was a completely flat finish. Needs a big cull in the opening episode of the next season.

So this Game of Thrones decent is it? Might give it a go now it's on demand. Was tempted to buy the DVDs and watch it that way, never did though. Plenty of people have told me to watch it, haven't got round to it though - similar to Breaking Bad and umpteen other series in that respect.

I've BARELY kept up with Walking Dead, and often skip eps of that. Haven't really been captivated by an episodic tv series since Lost, really...not including Anime, anyways. Oh! Except for Fringe. Liked that.

So this Game of Thrones decent is it? Might give it a go now it's on demand. Was tempted to buy the DVDs and watch it that way, never did though. Plenty of people have told me to watch it, haven't got round to it though - similar to Breaking Bad and umpteen other series in that respect.

I've BARELY kept up with Walking Dead, and often skip eps of that. Haven't really been captivated by an episodic tv series since Lost, really...not including Anime, anyways. Oh! Except for Fringe. Liked that.

Genuinely nothing beats The Wire, even Breaking Bad. I miss it now I'm done with it. There are very few series I can watch over. It's quite a commitment when there's so much other good stuff out there. The only two that I have are The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm, though being comedies I'm not sure they count. I'm seriously considering it with The Wire though, because I know I'm going to see things I didn't before. Season 3 in particular has taken a long time to settle with me and I know I need to watch it over to get it's full effect. 

• Like 1

Just watched first episode of GOT Season 3, sets it up nicely, as Chindie said, really more of an episode to lay the groundwork for the main storylines for the season which is to be expected.

Ygritte and Margaery... yum.

Just watched first episode of GOT Season 3, sets it up nicely, as Chindie said, really more of an episode to lay the groundwork for the main storylines for the season which is to be expected.

Ygritte and Margaery... yum.

I'd agree with that on both points.

Good to get back into the world.

Tywin's smackdown on Tyrion was really well delivered.

Also... Natalie Dormer (Margaery) - Dear Lord!

Â