Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

An American Gods adaptation has huge potential but also will be difficult to do right which worries me. Gaiman will probably be involved though which gives hope.

I think they'll probably take ideas from the book and play around with the characters and the story to suit television, and sustain it as a series (a la Walking Dead). You could potentially bring in different Gods as the show develops. Just hope they nail the casting. Especially Mr Wednesday, such a great character.

Doing something like a Walking Dead adaptation (which to my knowledge is more 'inspired by' than an actual faithful adaptation?) might work and be fun, but if they did do that I know there'd be a part of me yearning for a proper, standalone, mini series faithful to the book.

They could do Anansi Boys as a spin off if it worked out.

I'd wasn't a really faithful adaptation though, which might be asking a lot for a book that features, iirc, a man being killed by being consumed by a vagina.

YES! Boardwalk!!!! Epic!

I've watched the first two episodes of season 1 today. While it's great to look at, and I like Steve Buscemi in everything he does, does it liven up at all? I'm waiting for Al Capone to go into full on This Is England skinhead psycho mode.

I've watched the first two episodes of season 1 today. While it's great to look at, and I like Steve Buscemi in everything he does, does it liven up at all? I'm waiting for Al Capone to go into full on This Is England skinhead psycho mode.

It's a slow burner, but well worth the pay off.

Your wish is her command

I still think its a great series worthy of another season at least

Hard to believe that David Estes is from Small Heath in Birmingham as well wonder if he's a bluenose

Well my wish was granted last night, thought it was a decent episode to boot.

The next woman I need to get her top off is Gadget Show Polly............

Fringe season 5, It just keeps getting better!

I havenit watched since the episode when the daughter died / killed herself. Its just lost me completely, I want to like it I really do and at some point I will make the effort to watch it but I have zero enthusiasm for it at the moment

I havenit watched since the episode when the daughter died / killed herself. Its just lost me completely, I want to like it I really do and at some point I will make the effort to watch it but I have zero enthusiasm for it at the moment

Watch the next episode, gets pretty interesting!

Just started watching this new Canadian sci-fi series called Continuum.

On episode 3, and its really good.

Started watching after this post, just finished episode 4. Thanks for the recommendation. However when I first looked for it I came across a youtube series called Continuum and watched it all. 5 minute episodes of the cheapest most Sci-Fi, so amateurish it's addictive.

Had a general peruse of recent pages and havent seen (i may have missed them!), any mentions of The Killing 3. I think its been fantastic so far.

Not up to series one standard, (i was utterly engrossed in that), but seems much better than series two.

I also have a strange fascination with Sara Lund, so the arse shot on Saturday made my weekend!

Love/hate is surprisingly good especially for an RTE program

Republic of telly is decent also

Just to clarify (or rather to explain why it's so good), RTE have nothing to do with the production of the series. They just broadcast it.

EDIT : Oh and ITV have bought the international rights to the series.

If I'm reading it right, this weekend's The Walking Dead is the last before a mid-series break. That show is the highlight of my week. It'll be like having my arm chewed off by a zombie when that stops :cry:

Just to clarify (or rather to explain why it's so good), RTE have nothing to do with the production of the series. They just broadcast it.

EDIT : Oh and ITV have bought the international rights to the series.

It is very very good though

Â