Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 20/01/2024 at 14:28, Davkaus said:

Netflix's gritty British detective drama Fool Me Once has been getting pushed quite heavily, so we gave the first couple of episodes a go, what a load of irredeemable shite, from the clichéd script to the dreadful acting.

I tapped out after 1 episode. Utter bobbins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I tapped out after 1 episode. Utter bobbins.

Our highlight of episode 2 was the detective's sidekick taking his glasses off every time he spoke to the lead character. Then putting them back on. Then taking the back off to speak to her again. He must have taken them off and put them back on 5 or 6 times in a scene and we were properly creasing up at how ludicrous it was.

The lead actress works/worked on Corrie, so it explains why she's wooden and only has one facial expression, but she's not helped by a script that seems to have been written by someone who's never spoken to humans before. I'd rather sit in silence than watch another episode.

7 hours ago, tinker said:

Keegan

Hide contents

, a tough X forces type,  getting **** up by the baby sitter did it for me, frustrating to say the least

especially as the evidence she took would have solved the whole drama after 20 minutes

She goes on to wipe out some bloke a foot taller than her too :D 

The whole thing was just so badly put together.

One of my pet hates is shows that start with someone dying with us meant to be upset or sympathise with the characters. I literally don't even know these people's names yet and couldn't give a shit, my eyes will be remaining dry.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The lead actress works/worked on Corrie, so it explains why she's wooden and only has one facial expression, but she's not helped by a script that seems to have been written by someone who's never spoken to humans before. I'd rather sit in silence than watch another episode.

I only know her from Brassic where she is easy on the eye and plays a more comedic roll. The whole premise of her being an ex special forces/Delta/assassin was just ridiculous. Also the house she lived in looked like she'd won the Euromillions jackpot.

2 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I only know her from Brassic where she is easy on the eye and plays a more comedic roll. The whole premise of her being an ex special forces/Delta/assassin was just ridiculous. Also the house she lived in looked like she'd won the Euromillions jackpot.

Didn't her husband's family own the multi-billion pound pharmaceutical company?

I don't want to sound like Joey Barton, but I have laugh whenever in films, or tv shows, I see a petite woman beating up a bloke in a fight. Unless he's built like Charles Hawtrey, then never going to happen.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't want to sound like Joey Barton, but I have laugh whenever in films, or tv shows, I see a petite woman beating up a bloke in a fight. Unless he's built like Charles Hawtrey, then never going to happen.  

wasn't she supposedly in the marines though? these were just normal blokes...i guarantee any female marine kicks my arse on any given day

For the last few weeks I've been rewatching Bojack Horseman. I've not seen it in years, and it remains up there with my favourite handful of shows ever.

Switches from whacky absurdity to introspective and heartbreaking on a pinhead, and particularly in the later seasons really exploits the medium by highlighting the characters mindset with things they could only do in animation.

What initially seems like a silly cartoon about a celebrity horse should not be this **** brilliant, it's a 10/10 for me and probably in my top 5 shows ever.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

wasn't she supposedly in the marines though? these were just normal blokes...i guarantee any female marine kicks my arse on any given day

She's what, 5'3"? 8 stone? As long as you're reasonably fit and able, then you'd be fine. Its just biology. 

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

There was a young woman in my running club, she was a police officer. Five foot nothing. She was an international level Thai boxing competitor. I'd have backed her in a fight against most blokes. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

She's what, 5'3"? 8 stone? As long as you're reasonably fit and able, then you'd be fine. Its just biology. 

i know it's off topic, but you genuinely think a fit and able regular bloke "would be fine" against, for example, a professional female MMA fighter with the attributes you mention?

i'm not doubting it was a shit series, but marines are hard as nails. if she was just a regular copper or in the TA or something then i agree it would've been far fetched

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yep can see her yomping up a hill on dartmoor with an 85lb ruck sack on her back.......just ain't gonna happen and nor should it 😊

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i know it's off topic, but you genuinely think a fit and able regular bloke "would be fine" against, for example, a professional female MMA fighter with the attributes you mention?

i'm not doubting it was a shit series, but marines are hard as nails. if she was just a regular copper or in the TA or something then i agree it would've been far fetched

I'm not having a pop at women. but its genetics. In a non controlled environment with no rules, it'll generally always come down to size and strength. There will be outliers, of course there will, but speaking generally. 

I'll happily wrestle Michelle Keegan. In a sauna. :) 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'm not having a pop at women. but its genetics. In a non controlled environment with no rules, it'll generally always come down to size and strength. There will be outliers, of course there will, but speaking generally. 

I'll happily wrestle Michelle Keegan. In a sauna. :) 

agree to disagree there then as i think the exact opposite. i'd say in an uncontrolled environment it matters more about general fighting ability. see these videos on twitter of football firms going at it? it's an absolute mess and rarely see a punch actually connect. the average bloke off the street can't fight for shit and anyone of any size of any gender with an ounce of proper fighting ability kicks their arse in those situations. IMO anyway.

• Like 1

I thought she was just a helicopter pilot in it. Do the pilots go through the rigorous drills that the rest do? (Genuinely asking. I suppose it makes sense they would).

8 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I thought she was just a helicopter pilot in it. Do the pilots go through the rigorous drills that the rest do? (Genuinely asking. I suppose it makes sense they would).

that was my assumption

On 20/01/2024 at 16:34, sheepyvillian said:

I finished Reacher. I don't know how, it's more cheesy than a pack of quavers.

I quite like it for the same reasons that I quite liked Banshee. It's complete nonsense but a fun watch in a "take your brain out" way.

Not usually my bag but it's kinda refreshing for some reason.

Edited by PieFacE

Â