Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Watched the first episode of Kaleidoscope on Netflix. Interesting concept and I love a good heist story. Interested to see where it goes.

I think that will very much depend on how you watch it. We are watching in chronological order but I think you come away with a different perspective depending on the order you watch them. 

(For those not in the know, Netflix by default will randomise the order of most of the episodes). 

17 minutes ago, choffer said:

I think that will very much depend on how you watch it. We are watching in chronological order but I think you come away with a different perspective depending on the order you watch them. 

(For those not in the know, Netflix by default will randomise the order of most of the episodes). 

First episode started at 6 weeks before the heist and the 2nd episode started saying 6/7 years before heist. Baffling how you can watch them in any order, but I'm intrigued to see how it works.

34 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

First episode started at 6 weeks before the heist and the 2nd episode started saying 6/7 years before heist. Baffling how you can watch them in any order, but I'm intrigued to see how it works.

Though Netflix encourages viewers to watch the episodes in whatever order they want, they do list the episodes in a specific order on the streaming service. Starting with "Black," which explains the concept of the show," the episodes are listed as follows:

"Yellow": This episode takes place six weeks before the heist.

"Green": This episode takes place seven years before the heist.

"Blue": This episode takes place five days before the heist.

"Violet": This episode takes place 24 years before the heist.

"Orange": This episode takes place three weeks before the heist.

"Red": This episode takes place the morning after the heist.

"Pink": This episode takes place six months after the heist.

"White": This episode is meant to serve as the finale and shows what happens during the heist.

Kaleidoscope episodes in chronological order:

If watching a show out of order is too confusing for you, you can also watch the episodes in chronological order, starting with how the heist began and ending with the aftermath of the heist. However, if you watch the show in this order, the last episode won't be "White" as intended by Netflix. The chronological order of the episodes is as follows:

"White": This episode takes place during the heist.

Kaleidoscope episodes in order as a Quentin Tarantino film

Per Netflix, if you want to watch the episodes like the show is one long Quentin Tarantino film, you should watch as follows:

Kaleidoscope episodes in order as a "classic detective story"

If you love playing along with the mystery, Netflix suggests you should watch the episodes in the following order:

Ultimately, you can follow one of the above orders or just go with the random order that Netflix serves up for you.

Source

Copenhagen Cowboy - After a lifetime of slavery, Miu seeks justice and revenge. She meets her nemesis, Rakel, and they embark on an odyssey through the natural and supernatural in the perilous landscape that is Copenhagen's criminal underworld - new series from Nicolas Winding Refn, not bad quite enjoyed it.

Finally got round to catching up with Wu-Tang An American Saga which I'm loving. I think I'm about halfway through the second series. My only gripe is RZA's dialogue. It's all delivered in a very disjointed manner, almost as if he speaks like he's being dubbed like in a Kung Fu movie. Surely this can't be deliberate?

50 minutes ago, choffer said:

Finally got round to catching up with Wu-Tang An American Saga which I'm loving. I think I'm about halfway through the second series. My only gripe is RZA's dialogue. It's all delivered in a very disjointed manner, almost as if he speaks like he's being dubbed like in a Kung Fu movie. Surely this can't be deliberate?

RZA is the guy behind the series so its likely his call. Its a bit different but i've gotten used to it

Vikings: Valhalla, S2. Yay! 

Annoyingly, I inadvertently pressed 'skip recap', and couldn't get back to it, so it took a bit a head scratching to remember who everybody was and what they were doing. But two episodes in, and I'm up to speed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finished atlanta

I still dont get it...its brilliant and terrible, it says nothing and at the same time is possibly one the best social commentaries going, it has great actors and characters that it doesn't use, it has some great stories that it doesn't tell, it has no real arc, it has episodes that make no sense and yet its incredibly watchable, its like it knows exactly what it is and what it's strengths are but it refuses to play to them and instead does what it wants, can imagine if you watched it weekly it would weird as ****

So many stand out moments

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I thought it was great until the last episode which was a real let down for me. 

I actually really liked the last episode but I can understand why you felt let down 

On 09/01/2023 at 08:23, stuart_75 said:

I think Dem has mentioned it but I'll repeat his recommendation, Tulsa King with Sly Stallone is great fun. Just don't expect any great acting from him! 😀

I kind of disagree, he’s perfect in the role of an old mobster coming out into the new world. It’s as much fun as anything. I’ve seen for a long time. 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I kind of disagree, he’s perfect in the role of an old mobster coming out into the new world. It’s as much fun as anything. I’ve seen for a long time. 👍

Yeah it's proper daft and cliche ridden but it's bloody entertaining. 

Roll on s2.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2023 at 16:14, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Very, very good indeed.

Absolutely incredible true story. If it were fictional I would definitely be saying it was a bit far fetched.

Not heard of this. Will give it a go

On 12/01/2023 at 16:14, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Very, very good indeed.

Absolutely incredible true story. If it were fictional I would definitely be saying it was a bit far fetched.

Is it on the high seas 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Looking forward to this

Will have a slight moan because I've moaned about this before... The show doesn't use music well enough imo, even that trailer with the show being set in LA maybe in 1990/1 they're using a new York hip hop song from 1993

You'd think a show originally created by John Singleton would be able to get the rights to use L.A hip hop music from that era.

Bit strange listening to that opening monologue from Jeremy Renner in the first ep of the new season of Mayor of Kingstown. 

Glad it also started with a recap because as always I'd forgotten most of the previous season. 

Finished Kaleidoscope last night. It’s absolute bobbins. Riddled with holes and  we found some of the writing (and acting) so hokey it beggared belief. Sounded like a good idea to have a heist show you could watch in different sequences but it was really poor in the end. 

• Like 1

Â