Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

18 hours ago, Rodders said:

This episode of Sherlock has been truly awful. It's awful writing, melodramatic nonsense with very little sherlocking in it at all. Diminishing returns continues on from the rubbish end to the final season last time around.

I thought it started poorly, tried to make Sherlock 'funny' which didn't work and the bit with him texting non stop was rubbish as well, but it got better as he got into the case. 

Finished S.2 of "The Man In The High Castle"

Really good series with a great story and very little of no filler stories.

Also looks really great. (If you can get on board with the concept of course)

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Just finished season 3 of Ray Donovan. I think it's turning into my favourite show. I know it's not as good as The Wire et al from an overall technical perspective and it has its very obvious flaws and 'c'mon, really'?! moments but it's such a damn good show to watch, so slick and effortless, its a good - if exhausting - world to get lost in. Oh and Eddie Marsan and Jon Voight are just quite blatantly a couple of the best actors on the planet. 

The third series was the one with Ian Mcshane in it, wasn't it?

Just now, snowychap said:

The third series was the one with Ian Mcshane in it, wasn't it?

Yeah and I understand why everyone thought his character was a result of a supposed dip in quality of the writing but I honestly had no issues with it all personally, thought Finney was quite an interesting character all things considered. I read a lot of negative stuff about s3 but watching it, nothing stood out as not making sense or ruining anything.

Spoiler

You could argue Bunchy and his story but it all tied together and sets up his future nicely. Something positive happening to someone on the show at least. 

The only part I thought was a little daft was bringing back Cochrane as while he didn't detract in anyway, nothing was really gained by his inclusion either and his arc just fizzled out but I like Azaria so I didn't mind too much.

Yet to watch S4 but I really hope Daryll gets a bit more substance to him, his character has so much potential but he is always an afterthought and just 'there'. Id love for him & ray to team up as like a mentor/apprentice thing.

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Yeah and I understand why everyone thought his character was a result of a supposed dip in quality of the writing but I honestly had no issues with it all personally, thought Finney was quite an interesting character all things considered. I read a lot of negative stuff about s3 but watching it, nothing stood out as not making sense or ruining anything.

Tbh, I hadn't read anything about the series so didn't know of anything negative written about him/his character. Like you, I thought it was fine.

• Like 1

Just watched the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix.  I'm never sure how biased these things are but it seems like a fairly simple acquittal considering all the press coverage there was over the whole thing.  Either way it sounds like the Italian police were incompetent and that English journalist was a stereotypical scumbag.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

He almost stole the show with his amazing assholishness. 

The best bit at the end was 'A lot of what was written turned out to be utter nonsense, but what was I supposed to do, check it with another source and risk losing the story to someone else?'.  Well, yes, you prick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

The best bit at the end was 'A lot of what was written turned out to be utter nonsense, but what was I supposed to do, check it with another source and risk losing the story to someone else?'.  Well, yes, you prick.

He also said something like "I just write what I'm told. That's what being a journalist is."

Clueless imbecile.

On 02/01/2017 at 20:48, sne said:

Have been recommended this on a binge watch session, seems that's Thursday and Friday sorted.

• Like 1

There's something magically attractive about Eva green (not just her great fun bags*) she's kind of weird looking but still very much a would bang

*there are 3/4 films where she's got them out I think, "great" might be an injustice 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

On 02/01/2017 at 20:48, sne said:

I'm torn on this

i kinda enjoyed series one up unti the point it went  Dr Sam Beckett minus Ziggy right at the end 

series 2 devoted to much to this theme before it redeemed itself with a cracking last couple of episodes , which of course tie up a few lose ends whilst leaving countless plot holes 

Edited by tonyh29

Â