Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The fact Rubicon is starting on BBC4 is very annoying. While I can watch it while it is on, I can't record it as BBC4 is an 'other' channel over here :angry:

Did anybody see that "Song of Lunch" thing over the weekend? Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman in a two-hander that was actually a dramatised poem (not that you'd have noticed).

Utterly brilliant, tour de force performance from Rickman - especially the "trying to find your way to and from the bogs in a restaurant when you're REALLY pissed" sequence. We've all been there, and he nailed it perfectly.

:thumb: A rare bit of quality TV in an ocean of shite.

What makes Rubicon brilliant is the pacing. We started out this season with minimal answers, minimal development, minimal everything. We had a lot of Will Travers struggling to find out just what the hell it was that he was supposed to find out. And then he found out, and everything started moving at such a breakneck pace. The attempt on Will’s life last week brought the episode up to a whole new level of action. How could Rubicon have outdone itself after “A Good Day’s Work?”

It did. “Wayward Sons” was the best episode of the series. Period. It might even qualify for one of the best episodes of television this year. The episode had us all so focused on the characters that when the final, shocking climax occurred, it completely knocked us down and pinned us. Rubicon‘s scale, in one single moment, went from intimate to epic...

Still struggling with Rubicon Levi.

I enjoy it but some glaring plot holes are ruining it for me and i dont give a monkeys about any characters because none of them are likeable.

Will is just a **** to everyone, i mean would that bird really still be with him, he doesn't do anything nice for her? Would he be able to sneak round the back of a house thats under surveillance from a conspiracy network that has been at it for years? Come on...

Oh they suddenly stop looking at the roof when him and his boss start having secret chats up there too...

Oh they suddenly stop looking at the roof when him and his boss start having secret chats up there too...

Truxton doesn't suspect Kale until quite a bit later, and there's no real indication that there's listening equipment up there. Will and Kale are, to the watchers chatting on their lunch break.

It's not until the last couple of episodes (and when Kale gets the idea that Truxton is watching, note that the rooftop meetings cease) that Truxton suspects Kale is up to something.

Sky News Banner: Live non stop coverage of the chilean miners rescue from 22:00.

So anyone looking for 48 hours of non step tension, twists and turns, sign in here.

Will it be as exciting as fresh gloss on a georgian sash window?

Sky News Banner: Live non stop coverage of the chilean miners rescue from 22:00.

So anyone looking for 48 hours of non step tension, twists and turns, sign in here.

:lol:

They have a "Miners Rescued: 0 of 33" ticker ready and waiting.

• 2 weeks later...
Â