Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

was it me or did the 1st episode of the newsroom series 2 try and cover more stories rather than just focus on 1/2? they might have just picked a busy day... but that bodes well for me, like id said previously the only criticism I had was when they went heavy on the tea party and American politics and it was stuff / people Id never heard of before, if they balance that with international stories it will be great

BSG complete series is down to £37 on amazon, is it worth a punt?

I'm not a huge fan of sci fi but keep hearing good things, I'm having shoulder reconstruction next week so I'm going to have plenty of time on my hands.

I've stalled on S02E14 and don't think I'll ever finish it. There are better programmes to watch, IMO. 

So basically you stopped watching it right before it becomes really good. Bad move. 

I stopped watching Breaking Bad after the first 2 seasons. 2 years later I watched Season 3 & 4 and to say my opinion of the show changed would be an understatement. 

i loved BSG also, but i'm going to disagree.

I though S1 and S2 were the best, so if you didn't enjoy them, don't bother carrying on.

S3 and S4 got a bit too spiritual & meandering for me, and i missed the Baltar of the earlier seasons.

Plus the tension when at the beginning we didn't know who was a cyclon or not.

This week there's a couple of new shows that look interesting starting up

BBC2 on Thursday - Peaky Blinders (Post WW1 gang-crime drama set in Brum!)

Universal on Thursday - Bates Motel (prequel to Psycho with the lovely Vera Famiga playing Norman Bates' mother)

Also, quite like the look of The Wipers Times on BBC2 Wednesday (just a one-off show)

Edited by theboyangel

BBC2 on Thursday - Peaky Blinders (Post WW1 gang-crime drama set in Brum!)

disappointed that the BBC aren't really pushing this, its not on their autumn drama trailer and doesn't seem to be getting much publicity, got really high expectations of it, the behind the camera crew have great CVs and the cast is pretty good too

was expecting to come on here Friday with all of us having watched it and discussing the "that's how brummies used to speak in the 20s" excuse for the poor accents that theya re already giving

• Like 1

Just started watching Luther on Netflix after seeing a few members endorsing on here.  2 episodes in and liking it so far; I do love a gritty cop show.

The Alice Morgan character is slightly puzzling though, but I want to do naughty things to her so I'm happy for her to stay!

• Like 2

was it me or did the 1st episode of the newsroom series 2 try and cover more stories rather than just focus on 1/2? they might have just picked a busy day... but that bodes well for me, like id said previously the only criticism I had was when they went heavy on the tea party and American politics and it was stuff / people Id never heard of before, if they balance that with international stories it will be great

They're screened up to episode 7 in the US, they used bigger storylines this time. I've been enjoying it.

Â