Does The Sun Make Us Happier?

AVFCLaura

Do you feel happier when the sun is shining?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel happier when the sun is shining?

• Yes - I love the sun!
    • No
    • Everyone else seems to, but I don't
    • I prefer other weather types

As Pete Townshend once put it:

I dig every second

I can laugh in the snow and rain

I get a buzz from being cold and wet

The pleasure seems to balance out the pain

True, but he also said "those pictures on my hard drive were just research!"

Definitely. I have been clinically depressed for almost 16 years now and sunlight definitely lightens the mood. When I hop back to and forth from Florida to Brum I can usually feel my own physiology change. Im about to go for a walk in the sun now actually to go and pick up my repeat prescription of fluoxetine.(Prozac) Kind of ironic, in that by the time I get to the doctors I will be in a pretty decent frame of mind due to the exercise and the sun.

Brumerican is right. He is much happier when he is in the sunshine over here than just about any day over there. *excluding awesome villa wins....they brighten his day no matter what*

i think so, because often when its been shite weather ive just got up and thought 'nah **** it' and gone back to sleep haha, but not too hot sunshine though, where it makes you sweat so much doing the littest of things, but definatly this type - especially as got bbq tomorrow afternoon, and being able to relax outside with the other half on sunday, sun = good :D beer gardens ftw!

I like seasons. A bit of sunshine is nice in the spring and summer, but I love autumn and winter too. Contrasts.

As Pete Townshend once put it:

I dig every second

I can laugh in the snow and rain

I get a buzz from being cold and wet

The pleasure seems to balance out the pain

I'm with you on this.

As John lennon put it:

When the rain comes, they run and hide their heads,

They might as well be dead, when the rain comes.

When the sun shines, they slip into the shade,

And sip their lemonade, when the sun shines.....(G,C,D and one of the first jangly guitar tunes ever).

Brumerican is right. He is much happier when he is in the sunshine over here than just about any day over there. *excluding awesome villa wins....they brighten his day no matter what*

I'm sure there are reasons he likes being in the Sunshine State besides the sunshine...

Yep, love the sun. But I like all seasons. But after a long and cold winter I'm looking forward to the summer. And a 5 week vacation. And I really hope the sun shines for most of those 5 weeks.

The only thing I don't like with the sun is that people always says "Oh, the sun is shining, we have to go out." Sometimes, even if the sun is shining, I'd rather stay inside and watch a good film or something. I don't necessarily want to be outside just because the sun is shining.

Â