Does The Sun Make Us Happier?

AVFCLaura

Do you feel happier when the sun is shining?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel happier when the sun is shining?

• Yes - I love the sun!
    • No
    • Everyone else seems to, but I don't
    • I prefer other weather types

It´s not had much of an effect on me out here in spain for the last 3 weeks. It´s made me feel fresher and fitter, but no happier, although I was fairly happy to begin with so no problems!

If anything it seems to be making me eat and drink more, obv drinking because it dehydrates you (sp), but not sure why my appetite has increased by like 50%.

I'm not a fan of being hot and my eyes have always been spectacularly sensitive to the sun meaning in good weather I end up walking round squinting a bit unless I've remember sunglasses.

On the other hand, it's nice enough. I don't tan whatsoever so never have that much of a reason to do anything out in the sun, never been that outdoors-y. But it's better than most weather.

It certainly aint too hot. I've not been abroad much, but I've been in Madrid when it's been 40 degrees. It's sickening. I slapped on so much factor 50 that my skin didn't burn, but it was so hot I got heat rash all over. It sapped the life out of me and I suffered the second most severe outbreak of coldsores I've ever had. That's too much for me.

Today was absolutely glorious though. Spent all day in the park playing ball games and chasing my friends dog about. Slapped factor 20 on twice today and tanned wonderfully.

Love it.

Plus I have 7 weeks off work this summer.

:mrgreen: <---me

No it's bollocks if there was a breeze it would be ok but there isn't and I drive a lot for work and don't have **** air con in my shitty car. Oh and I have to spend my only day off this week going into my office to get the words removed to pay me the money they owe me and that is probably also the suns fault.

Today is certainly a day for staying in - I have the cooling fan on "turbo", vinyl records playing, and Amber Jack in the glass :-)

Aber is deep blue skys and glowing sunshine again today, thankfully theres a very light breeze too. I'd describe it as nice. Sadly I have to sit around waiting for an exam paper to arrive for tomorrow. Really should revise...

My bedroom faces east and has a window for a wall on the east side. At about 11am I have to get up because the place turns into a greenhouse.

Some tit over the road has just took 45 minutes to mow a lawn the size of a **** postage stamp

Oh and now they have just left the mower standing, with motor still going, for nearly 15 minutes

**** braindeads

Â