The New Condem Government

bickster

What a great image these Tory MP's are showing - too pissed to even vote

as opposed to being drunk and calling the arresting officers "pigs" whilst hurling abuse at hotel staff

take a bow Helen Clark

or you could google Bill Etherington and Geraldine Smith ............. it's that H word again :winkold:

as opposed to being drunk and calling the arresting officers "pigs" whilst hurling abuse at hotel staff

take a bow Helen Clark

or you could google Bill Etherington and Geraldine Smith ............. it's that H word again :winkold:

Hops? :mrgreen:

take a bow Helen Clark

Hammered?

take a bow Helen Clark

Hammered?

better than mine you swine! :winkold:

So the fact that this Gvmt made a big thing about seriousness and condemnation of previous MP's and are showing themselves up - it seems that Tony again misses the hypocrisy in is haste to defend the Tories

The way I see it, every government is the same. It will always contain those who take the piss, get pissed or take back handers. It will always contain at least one yet to come out bloke who the whole world looks at and says "he is though, isn't he?" and if in power long enough sooner or later a MP will get caught with his pants down trying to get into bushes of one type or other.

They will screw people they shouldn't and screw over people they shouldn't they will feather their own nests and generally serve their own self interests and those of the people who will make them rich for doing so.

This is true of the Conservative governments of the past and the Labour ones and it will be true of this coalition. There is no point anyone promising or pretending otherwise sadly.

Absolutely Ash - so all this rhetoric about "all in this together" and condemnation of what previous members of parliament have done are shown for the H word that they are.

Hollow words Drat, hollow words but I'm sure some of them mean them even if they or others fail to live up to them.

I would think though or certainly hope that Tony would agree when it comes to conduct neither side of the house is really any better than the other when it comes to these things.

I would think though or certainly hope that Tony would agree when it comes to conduct neither side of the house is really any better than the other when it comes to these things.

I hope he would also

In the grand scheme of things, having one too many sherberts isn't the greatest issue affecting the country at the moment, and I'd say that whatever political party the member came from.

I agree with that Risso.

Then again, being sh*tfaced at work is slightly different.

Come off it, you're telling me you've never been blootered while fettling up the Nimrods?!

I agree with that Risso.

Then again, being sh*tfaced at work is slightly different.

Serious answer - sounreading the story again, he had one too many after being asked to wait around until 2.30 in the morning. Sounds like he was daft, but nothing more than that. If you're going to have a work place bar like the commons, then you have to expect that occasionally people will overdo it, you can't compare it to turning up to work at 9am pissed as a fart.

I've worked in the Houses of Parliament, and there are so many subsidised bars it's difficult to stay sober half the time.

I've seen scores of MPs/Lords/well-know journalists and boradcasters pissed as farts at all times of the day and night. It's part of the culture of the place.

Some press gallery men hardly went home - worked all day, press bar/Annies Bar at night, kipped down on the floor of the office, back to work at 7am after quick squirt of deoderant.

Some press gallery men hardly went home - worked all day, press bar/Annies Bar at night, kipped down on the floor of the office, back to work at 7am after quick squirt of deoderant.
..and then have a tired and emotional rant at alistair campbell live on sky news

in his haste to defend the Tories

Would you be so kind as to highlight where I defended the Tories in my post .. I've quoted it in full below to make it easier for you

take a bow Helen Clark

or you could google Bill Etherington and Geraldine Smith ............. it's that H word again

oops .. that will be a FAIL then

correct

hence my original reply which referred to the H word of someone from one side attempting a point scoring exercise against the other side

Â