The New Condem Government

bickster

So what are they going to cancel/cut or close today? :D

Well despite crime levels being at their lowest for years, they think its a great idea to cut police budgets.

Best time to do it, surely?

:crylaugh: of course it is - so they can increase again.

Apparently the stupidity of Cameron and his attempts at jokes will back fire on him soon when Ashcroft, not his greatest fan, releases his next book. I bet Hague is pissing himself laughing

|Well the Tory party said they would be - and lied of course. Just like they did with health and education and VAT and nearly everything in their manifesto

If investment in the police force brings crime down and the idiots in Gvmt are saying the rate is too high, I would love to see your defence of their logic.

Oooh look another day another instance of a Tory telling lies?

Zac Goldsmith article

Exclusive: Questions over Zac Goldsmith's election expenses

Exclusive: A Channel 4 News investigation has raised questions over the election expenses of Conservative MP Zac Goldsmith. It comes after David Cameron pledged to clean up politics following the MPs' expenses scandal.

ew Conservative MP Zac Goldsmith poses for a photograph in Westminster Hall on May 12. (Credit: Getty)

Zac Goldsmith is the new MP for Richmond Park and one of the best known faces of the modern Conservative Party. The former non-dom is worth an estimated £200m. He was the richest candidate at the election, but insisted that his money gave him no advantage at the ballot box. His constituency in south west London is a leafy and affluent area. It had been held by the Liberal Democrats since 1997, but Zac Goldsmith (see his Who Knows Who profile) won a closely fought contest with sitting MP Susan Kramer (see her Who Knows Who profile).

During a closely fought and at times bitterly contested campaign Cameron made a point of promising a new, cleaner politics in the wake of the expenses scandal. So did Goldsmith stick to the letter and spirit of the law on election spending? By law, all candidates have to file a detailed declaration of spending with their returning officer, and these are available for inspection at local town halls. In a joint investigation, Channel 4 News and the Bureau of Investigative Journalism has scrutinised the Goldsmith campaign's election expenses return.

....... and loads more on the article

15_goldsmith_cameron_r_540.jpg

Don't they make a lovely pair of rich boys

Well despite crime levels being at their lowest for years

it's a stat to be taken with a pinch of salt tbh .. like all stats you need to see what's not being said

for example The British Crime Survey is conducted by phone with a limited representative sample of the public

it also only counts crimes with known victims so, for example, financial offences go uncounted... which menas all our MP's are not be countedin the numbers :winkold:

Why is is to be taken with a pinch of salt Tony? because it was under a Labour Gvmt?

Everyone - even those idiots in the Gvmt - are admitting that crime has fallen. The real worry and near certainty is that cutbacks in front line services will reverse this positive trend and we will see crime rates increase.

Its interesting that the crime rate has dropped (with the exception of violent crimes) during a recession, as you’d expect rises during these times, irrespective of the police budget.

Why is is to be taken with a pinch of salt Tony?

Because I know how the data is collected And even gave you some examples

It was the same with unemployment figures where they went up but the published figures were down

God almighty, but would it be possible to have a politics thread without the puerile partisan nonsense like;

Liebour

Bliar

Repeated use of hypocrisy/liars/idiot

Tory Mafia

ConDems

Posh boy/Rich boy

And so on? Either that or an ignore button.

Edit: I see Risso made a similar plea a few pages back, now doubt mine will end up being just as fruitless.

So what you are saying is that NO set of figures should be accepted? The liars in Gvmt seem to believe them so maybe they are not true?

Your pissing in the wind Ian as the Tory boys and girls on here will never accept anything that Labour did over the last 13 years was of any use.

The total denial of facts make some look very very stupid and a little sad.

God almighty, but would it be possible to have a politics thread without the puerile partisan nonsense like;

Liebour

Bliar

Tory Mafia

ConDems

Posh boy/Rich boy

Edit: I see Risso made a similar plea a few pages back, now doubt mine will end up being just as fruitless.

I'll sign up for that. Unfortunately I find a lot of these threads unreadable because of the petty, blinkered nonsense that often overruns them. I find it staggering that certain seemingly intelligent individuals appear to lack any capacity for independent thought when discussing political issues.

Which is a shame because I am interested in the subject matter.

So a genuine question - when we see that the current Gvmt - often called in the media the ConDem's - are liars we cannot show that? Amazing, the rules have certainly changed then because I remember quite clearly that the last Gvmt were often brought to task - or attempted to by a certain group of VT posters. It seems that this new lot in power are outside any sort of comment that shows their lies.

In the short time they have been in power they have attempted to change the way that the country is run to suppress dissenting voices in Parliament, it seems that their supporters on this message board want to follow the same rules.

A gvmt which basically has little mandate for the appalling measures they are inflicting on this country - no mandate because they were never voted in as a joint party nor are they following any of their manifesto pledges, is worthy of comment. The media are doing it every day so why can't we?

Liebour

Bliar

Tory Mafia

ConDems

Posh boy/Rich boy

considering your contributions previously - pot / kettle / black or should that be Tory / Blue / LibDem?

In the short time they have been in power they have attempted to change the way that the country is run to suppress dissenting voices in Parliament, it seems that their supporters on this message board want to follow the same rules.

A gvmt which basically has little mandate for the appalling measures they are inflicting on this country - no mandate because they were never voted in as a joint party nor are they following any of their manifesto pledges, is worthy of comment. The media are doing it every day so why can't we?

I genuinely think Ian that the problem is that some are now brain dead from wanking themselves stupid when these pratts formed a government that they can no longer see what is right in front of them and that this country is now being **** over in everyway possible by these incompetent, unelected, lieing bastards.

That's one way of putting it Mark :-) - shame they can't speak like that at PMQ :-)

NHS - who will benefit from "reforms" - ah thats right the people that pay the Health secretary!

Andrew Lansley bankrolled by private healthcare provider

Andrew Lansley, the shadow health secretary, is being bankrolled by the head of one of the biggest private health providers to the NHS, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

John Nash, the chairman of Care UK, gave £21,000 to fund Andrew Lansley’s personal office in November.

Mr Nash, a private equity tycoon, also manages several other businesses providing services to the NHS and stands to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of Conservative policies to increase the use of private health providers.

...................... loads more on the article

I wonder how that can be "explained" away?

Think if that's the level it's resorted to Mark then I'm done with the thread

It's clear the opposition have got nothing to say

I think your spot on Tony and it has unfortunately resorted to the level of our country being **** over in everyway possible and led by incompetent lieing bastards.

Oh well I am still hopeful that the Liberals will see sense ( those that haven't been given a cabinet sweetner to keep stum ) and rebel against these Tory fuckwits **** over our health system, childrens education, our safety, putting millions out of work and hitting us in the pocket for the privelege. If not we'll have to ride out the storm and having again seen them for what they are I'm very confident that we won't see a Tory government for a long, long, long time. Heavy price to pay though for such a hard lesson.

Like I said I agree with you shame its resorted to such a level but its those fools who voted Tory who are to blame.

Â