Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im absolutely disgusted by the lack of ambition shown by the chairman here, doesnt he realise that we will not finish as high this season meaning he will lose money in the final league placings etc, every club in the Premier League has brought in players this summer and we have done **** all, I have £90 worth of kit order for me & my son to cancel now out of pure and utter disgust at the running of this club, if he isnt willing to finance his toy anymore then sell it to some rich arab who will....

And wait for the the usual PR bullshit about "We need the "right" man first". Who will funnily enough come in a few days after the window closes I'd bet.

Well,

Without a better defensive midfielder;

With Heskey/Sidwell/Davies/Beye still on the books;

With Carew up to his 'meh' self and Gabby crocked;

With an ageing keeper that has a good game now and again but isn't mr consistent that we need and a shit back up;

With an over-reliance on our youth who just are not ready and most of all with selling our best player then using his replacement in the wrong poistion;

I can safely conclude that we are **** and better bring in a **** good Manager to make up for it, or we will drop like a brick.

I dont think it would have been right for Randy to spend money on players without a manager, but it's always a shame when your club doesnt improve when all other teams have. But hey ho, life i guess. I expect big things in January if we have a manager by then.

If this was a Doug Ellis transfer window people would be protesting and asking about where the ambition had went? But since it is Randy, who can do no wrong, you don't dare speak up.

If Doug Ellis had spent a load of money on players without a permanent manager in place, there would be uproar. And rightly so.

If anybody really thinks Randy should have spent a single penny on the advice of KMacD (a man you yourself are saying is not good enough for the job) then you're seriously misguided.

The squad we have is a good one. Very good, in my opinion. The swapping of Ireland for Milner has, in my opinion, given us more options than we had with Milner. Any new manager will have plenty to work with.

That good they were knocked out of Europe, by a poor Austrian team, embarrassed 6-0 and just about beat Everton. We have a fantastic season to look forward to.

When will some individuals take their head out of the sand? Moyes won't leave Everton by the looks of things. With KM going for the job, he must stand a chance. I'd bet he would have been told they were after someone different.

If KM gets the job, the whole thing **** stinks.

Thing for me is our first 6 or 7 games to the season are not exactly the toughest start, it will get a lot harder. We have to get points from these or else come January we will be screwed

Just remember why we dont have a manager and there is is you answer to why we have not signed anyone.

We still have the squad that got us 6th last season. Any new manager will have plenty to work with, Yes we need 2 or 3 more players but I would hate getting the wrong manager and then buying the wrong players.

The squad we have is a good one. Very good, in my opinion. The swapp Milner. Any new manager will have plenty to work with.

No offence mate but are you deluded or what, we do not have a very good squad far from it, we have one left back, a striker who cant score, a midfield back up of Salifou and Osbourne, a back up right back with no Premier League experince in Lichaj, Agbonlahor & Carew are never gonna score the goals to get us anywhere, Downing is average, we are severley weaker without Milner in our midfield and just content season after season to have the smallest squad, why we cant see the need for a decent striker is beyond me, as a club we have made more of an effort to showcase the new kit than sign players and even then they **** up the release of it so it comes out a month after the season starts, truly shocking for a club of this size, I will donate £10 to VT (sorry Im skint) if we finish above the blues this year....

Martin said we needed to strengthen to just stand still in the summer. He would have clearly wanted to bring in some players. Who is to say if Martin was still here that we would have signed any more players? Martin must have left the club for a reason. However until we hear his story we will never know.

Seriously, who **** cares if we have to wait until January to get some new players?

We have a pretty good squad at the moment and we need to get the right man in. The right choice is vitally important and it's only fair to Randy, who hasn't done anything visibly wrong since taking over, to give him time to make the right decision.

Buying a striker or whatever is not really going to solve anything at this stage - we need a manager more than we need anything else by a very long **** way.

So many overreactions.

How are people overreacting? If Petrov and Reo get injured for long spells, we're f**ked in the middle of the park.

In November we have 3 games in 7 days, at the end of December we have 4 games in 9 days...That's without any cup games thrown in.

If we play most of this season like we did against Everton we're going to get A LOT of injuries....

It is fairly obvious that he left over funds. That is evident by the stalling on a new manager, and now McDonald putting his name into the hat on transfer deadline day. I bet he could have had it weeks ago. General said they might have to look at less known names. I thought McDonald straight away. This has probably been dragged out, so that McDonald doesn't take any flak over not being able to bring anyone in with 2 weeks left of the window. Not his fault. Blame the board.