Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The squad we have is a good one. Very good, in my opinion. The swapp Milner. Any new manager will have plenty to work with.

No offence mate but are you deluded or what, we do not have a very good squad far from it, we have one left back, a striker who cant score, a midfield back up of Salifou and Osbourne, a back up right back with no Premier League experince in Lichaj, Agbonlahor & Carew are never gonna score the goals to get us anywhere, Downing is average, we are severley weaker without Milner in our midfield and just content season after season to have the smallest squad, why we cant see the need for a decent striker is beyond me, as a club we have made more of an effort to showcase the new kit than sign players and even then they **** up the release of it so it comes out a month after the season starts, truly shocking for a club of this size, I will donate £10 to VT (sorry Im skint) if we finish above the blues this year....

I'll just reply to one bit...

Agbonlahor 13 in 33 Prem games last year.

Carew 10 in 30 Prem games last year.

Utter bollocks there. Posting for effect, YAWN.

So good mate that last season in the Premier League CENTRAL MIDFIELDER Frank Lampard scored 22 goals in 36 games which betters both of our strikers records, as for posting for effect, well Im a grown man and dont need a reaction from a website to make me feel good, just stating facts...

However much anyone paints it up we have gone backwards as a club since May and other teams around us have not.

Well of course, that's always going to happen when you lose your manager a week before the season and your best player a week later.

We can all interpret in our own way who is to blame for this, just like we can interpret as to why there were no signings incoming before MON left.

I don't see anyone denying we have got weaker though?

I've never been one to talk about transfers other than the Ireland and Milner swap....How am I shifting opinions?
Just asking if your concerns over the transfer dealings were the start of a shift that's all, nt having a go.

Well, I have to say my opinion has changed slightly watching us play the way we did against Everton.

We won, but we were lucky to not concede a goal.

If that had been a better class of team, we wouldn't have had that luck.

Our guys must have had some tired legs after that match and if we keep playing like that I can only see us picking up injuries.

pile of shite,Randy will make us as shite as the Browns he's just another **** money man.i think this year though he's found out that he'll never make much money at Villa because crowds aren't big enough at the ground..

I'll just reply to one bit...

Agbonlahor 13 in 33 Prem games last year.

Carew 10 in 30 Prem games last year.

Utter bollocks there. Posting for effect, YAWN.

So good mate that last season in the Premier League CENTRAL MIDFIELDER Frank Lampard scored 22 goals in 36 games which betters both of our strikers records, as for posting for effect, well Im a grown man and dont need a reaction from a website to make me feel good, just stating facts...

You use the top scoring Premiership midfielder as an example, a world class player playing for the team who won the league.

Drogba, Rooney, Bent and Tevez were the only players to score more then him. We were also one of a few teams to have two players scoring ten goals or more in the league. The problem exists in midfield, as they quite simply don't chip in with enough goals. The strikers have always produced a good amount of goals despite the chances they miss.

Im using Lampard to highlight that our strikers arent good enough, never have been and never will be, we have lacked a Dean Saunders or a Dwight Yorke for bloody donkeys years and whilst I do like Gabby & Carew they are nowhere near prolific enough to push us onto another level.....

However much anyone paints it up we have gone backwards as a club since May and other teams around us have not.

Is your opinion even if you state it as a fact.

I agree that Citeh have probably improved but they're on a whole different level of spending so it's pointless comparing us to them. Spurs were alresady better than us but I'm not sure they have got much stronger.

In my opinion Everton and L'pool are no stronger than us - I would put us about the same level. Milner is an undoubted loss but hopefully we will be utilise the squad so the sum of the whole will be greater than last season. If we are to push on from 6-8 agree we will have to spend in Jan but believe we would have spent something in this window had MON not left us as just about the worse possible time.

Can't see anyone else breaking in the top 8.

Who wants to watch dreadful home football?
well.spend the money to bring in the right players then.that will play a brand of football they will put bums on seats..he'd rather put a few poxy tiles on the wall though,than sign players..

Well I'm glad we haven't appointed a crap manager and let him spend millions on shit players.

He's just left...:twisted:

I joke, I joke. MON wasn't a crap manager, but he wasn't a brilliant one. He wasted a horrendous amount of money and left us in a shocking position just because Randy wouldn't continue to fund his gathering of crap players. We've been competing with the likes of Spurs and Everton spending similar to spurs and about 3 times as much as Everton and still have gaping holes etc etc...

At some point we are going to have to stop playing the "it's MON's fault" card because it is already pointless - he is already history , and was in reality from the day he walked out.

It's all about what the board is doing to help us move forward and I think people are saying they haven't been faultless over the past 3 weeks.

[bTW, I wish people who do still play the "MON's fault" card would acknowledge there is a teeny bit of room to at least raise an eyebrow that Randy Lerner let him go on spending all that money that it now seems everyone thinks was a wasteful disaster. It was Lerner's money, he was signing the cheques, so isn't there just a slight sense of he made his bed...?]

Lots to look forward to.

We have Heskey falling on his fat arse 10 times every half, and John **** Carew who only plays when he wants to. The prick.

You could always do something else on Sat/Sun/Mon- whenever we're playing. Hear B&q's quite good fun these dats.

Lots to look forward to.

We have Heskey falling on his fat arse 10 times every half, and John **** Carew who only plays when he wants to. The prick.

the only time Carew gets worked up is when he's playing with his flute in the rocket club.lazy swine..