Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

My tin hat is certainly on now, smells like Randy doesn't want to spend any more money.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is unwilling to bankroll us at all.

I am absolutely shocked at this to be honest. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this a shift in opinion? Is it just this summers events that have made you do that?

Aye, he may be the new figure of hate but one thing about Martin O'Neill is that he is a man of principle. He wouldn't storm out, resign and dissapear from the face of the planet without a very, very good reason. Now, I presumed that he was just playing silly buggers with the money and it is his fault (and Randys for giving him such power) that our wage structure is in the state it is. But over recent weeks it seems to me as if Randy was wanting rid of all the dead wood but unwilling to give O'Neill the sufficient funds to reinvest in the squad, either because of a) a breakdown in the relationship in which he didn't trust him with the money or B) he didn't want to invest anymore.

I've believed a) for most of the past few weeks and I couldn't blame him if it were the case, I don't think anyone would. However if he hires Kevin MacDonald, an inexperienced man, to take over from MON then I can only assume it is because he doesn't have the money to go elsewhere/doesn't want to spend the money that hiring an experienced manager would entail.

I still hope, for the good of the club, that he is still willing and hires an experienced man to take over. However if it is Keven MacDonald then, to me, it reeks of Randys unwillingness to bankroll our club any further. As the PR office would put it, maybe it's time for Aston Villa to stand on it's own two feet.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of disillusioned people on here, fact is, if we get a couple of injuries we are royally f*cked! Regardless of my bias, BRUM have done good business today, business which WE should have done at the very least! LOANS of top quality players.

What a **** shit transfer window! Teams in the league strengthened, we have weakened. At least last transfer window we sold one of our best players and bought in quite a few others to strengthen. Nothing of the sorts this year. Lets hope we hold our ground well until January.

I disagree, hopefully some of our young players will get a chance, Nathan, Bannan, Clark, Albrighton etc. I think (apart from Milner) we possibly have a better squad - because we may get someone who uses it.

Have to agree. We have the makings of a great squad but for whatever reason, the previous manager refused to rest key players or to bring on others at crucial times to win games that were drawn. We were so close to the top 4 and i feel crucual mistakes cost us dearly.

Many people last season were saying we are only a proven goalscorer and a creative midfielder away from cracking it, and although that still remains the case with the striker, with the right appointment made and a little investment in January, we can make it. We've young, hungry players chomping at the bit and seasoned pros who didn't get a fair crack desperate to prove a point (Luke Young for example!)

The doomsayers here with their paranoid conspiracy theories bordering on X-Files territory are driving me nuts...Really folks, it's not so bad!

Well I actually applaud you for changing your opinion and so rwadily admitting it rather than sticking to something you deep down do not believe in only to try and save face for arguing it in the past (if that makes sense)

Have to say that it is pretty much where I am and have been for a while but I do think that a and b are interlinked and not as clear cut as either or.

I understand the whole not wanting to buy players without a permanent manager in place thing. But surely there are weaknesses in the squad that the club could have worked with Kevin Mac to identify and strengthen?

I just can't believe that's us done. They better pull a **** good manager out the hat to make this worth while.

Lol looks like Randy the great has shafted us one here doesn't it? Clearly waited until the end of the transfer window, before appointing a manager that could have been appointed weeks ago? Fantastic ambition. Pile of shite.

Ever thought that players them selves may be reluctant to come.... no, never, they must be falling over themselves :suspect:
Well if you do not buy a ticket you aint going to win the raffle

By that I mean you'll never know unless you talk to them Denis!

Krulak also said if there are "trades" to be made then Macdonald would do them

Indeed. So why aren't there any?

We could use a proper ball winner, it's a glaring weakness really. That or a striker. I don't understand why one of them hasn't got the balls to make a decision.

I mean, they've spent two weeks "consulting" to make a shortlist for a manager. He/she could have been appointed a week ago in reality. If they knew that wasn't going to happen they should have put a contingency plan in place to boost the squad in it's weaker areas so that the new man has something to work with.

Very disappointed.

What a **** shit transfer window! Teams in the league strengthened, we have weakened. At least last transfer window we sold one of our best players and bought in quite a few others to strengthen. Nothing of the sorts this year. Lets hope we hold our ground well until January.

I disagree, hopefully some of our young players will get a chance, Nathan, Bannan, Clark, Albrighton etc. I think (apart from Milner) we possibly have a better squad - because we may get someone who uses it.

Albrighton yeah, but Bannan is not good enough for our first team in PL games. He was coming on as sub for Blackpool in the championship last season. Clark is not ready for the tough games in the prem imo, Newcastle showed that how he got bossed around. Baker looks a bit tougher than Clark, but is he prem quality yet? Now we have our senior defenders back I can't see Clark and Baker getting much of a look in.

Bar Albrighton, I can't see many of the youth players making an impact on our overall performances & resultsthis season. Maybe Fonz if he gets some confidence back.

City stronger, Spurs stronger, Everton stronger. None have lost important players. Milner was so instrumental for us last season. Fulham, Sunderland, Newcastle looking quite strong too. As things stands now I think we are falling behind a bit.

Saying that though, things could go either way, by the January window if we are in the top 6 and we have money too spend it could be a positive. Possibly avoid our second half dip. Or we could have a shite first half and would have left it too late to make anything of this season. Crucial season for us too I think with regards to keeping hold of Young.

SHA buying decent-looking players right left and centre and loaning out their failed forward to a weaker neighbour.

yep

blues have arguably had the best transfer window out of any team in the prem, and yet you'd still wouldnt swap our squads in a month of sundays, still probably only hleb and foster that would get in our squad, and foster isnt as good as hart

the derby games will be close again but IMO they are still miles behind us in terms of quality

Ever thought that players them selves may be reluctant to come.... no, never, they must be falling over themselves :suspect:
Well if you do not buy a ticket you aint going to win the raffle

By that I mean you'll never know unless you talk to them Denis!

And you know we haven't?

We've known since the summer we needed a new midfielder, defender and a striker, but the club have been sitting about on their arses pissing about, and pissing us fans about. Absolute disgrace of a summer. Top 6? You are having a laugh big time. And to top it off KM could now be appointed after the transfer window? There are no new signings on the horizon? I'll hold off and not say anything until it actually does happen, but if it does..well...lol really.