Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

wow, such fundamental pessimism here.

I read and re-read the statement from the club, people are jumping off the side of the ship to be honest over nothing.

We are not essentially weaker than we were last year, having just lost Milner and gained Ireland. As a squad, we have significant strength and we will be able to compete quite adequately, if not perhaps at the level of a top four club then at least a contender for top half/ top six or so, in my opinion...

We have no manager, but our club and its owner are working as hard as they can under difficult circumstances to remedy that, and we have no reason to disbelieve them. The caretaker appointed is unlikely to be made permanent as the clubs statement pretty clearly shows. we are currently interviewing likely candidates, as the club has stated.

Without a permanent manager appointed , it was inevitable that there would be no signings, a no-brainer if you will.

In the end, I am optimistic that our club will remedy the immediate issues with satisfaction, and most (but definitely not all;-) fans will be relatively content, CONSIDERING THE CIRCUMSTANCES...

Up The Villa.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look most articels i have read on it from the more respected papers all suggest that the new manager will be given funds to strengthen the squad, so i don't think it will be a problem. Its probably a good thing as however it is won't rush into getting a few randoms in just to beat the deadline, they will have plenty of time to asses the squad. We should be ok until Jan, we have a decent enough squad if people are on form.

Look most articels i have read on it from the more respected papers all suggest that the new manager will be given funds to strengthen the squad, so i don't think it will be a problem. Its probably a good thing as however it is won't rush into getting a few randoms in just to beat the deadline, they will have plenty of time to asses the squad. We should be ok until Jan, we have a decent enough squad if people are on form.

Freudian slip? :lol:

Lots to look forward to.

We have Heskey falling on his fat arse 10 times every half, and John **** Carew who only plays when he wants to. The prick.

You could always do something else on Sat/Sun/Mon- whenever we're playing. Hear B&q's quite good fun these dats.

*Yawn*

Lots to look forward to.

We have Heskey falling on his fat arse 10 times every half, and John **** Carew who only plays when he wants to. The prick.

You could always do something else on Sat/Sun/Mon- whenever we're playing. Hear B&q's quite good fun these dats.

:lol:

The squad we have is a good one. Very good, in my opinion. The swapp Milner. Any new manager will have plenty to work with.

No offence mate but are you deluded or what, we do not have a very good squad far from it, we have one left back, a striker who cant score, a midfield back up of Salifou and Osbourne, a back up right back with no Premier League experince in Lichaj, Agbonlahor & Carew are never gonna score the goals to get us anywhere, Downing is average, we are severley weaker without Milner in our midfield and just content season after season to have the smallest squad, why we cant see the need for a decent striker is beyond me, as a club we have made more of an effort to showcase the new kit than sign players and even then they **** up the release of it so it comes out a month after the season starts, truly shocking for a club of this size, I will donate £10 to VT (sorry Im skint) if we finish above the blues this year....

I'll just reply to one bit...

Agbonlahor 13 in 33 Prem games last year.

Carew 10 in 30 Prem games last year.

Utter bollocks there. Posting for effect, YAWN.

So good mate that last season in the Premier League CENTRAL MIDFIELDER Frank Lampard scored 22 goals in 36 games which betters both of our strikers records, as for posting for effect, well Im a grown man and dont need a reaction from a website to make me feel good, just stating facts...

I think this is a fairly silly comparison to make, Chelsea scored 103 goals last season compared to 52 which we scored so obviously Lampard's records is bound to be damn good.

Yes, I would love to have another striker but

1) You'd have to replace Gabby for this 'new striker' in a 4-5-1 formation, and I doubt we can attract someone experienced who will more than 1 in 3

2) For the midfielders we have and the way we play, a 4-4-2 doesn't work IMO

3) Gabby's strike rate last season wasnt that bad! Hopefully he can notch up the goals this season

Again, I would have loved another striker... it hasnt happened, but is the team weaker than you thing, I dont think so. I'd love to see Ireland up there with Gabby and help out with the goals, the same goes to Young.

Lots to look forward to.

I bet you love James Corden, right?

Lots to look forward to.

No i dont but i do love moaning twunts. Im sure we will get on well.

:winkold:

Freudian slip? :lol:

Bollocks :lol:

The squad we have is a good one. Very good, in my opinion. The swapp Milner. Any new manager will have plenty to work with.

No offence mate but are you deluded or what, we do not have a very good squad far from it, we have one left back, a striker who cant score, a midfield back up of Salifou and Osbourne, a back up right back with no Premier League experince in Lichaj, Agbonlahor & Carew are never gonna score the goals to get us anywhere, Downing is average, we are severley weaker without Milner in our midfield and just content season after season to have the smallest squad, why we cant see the need for a decent striker is beyond me, as a club we have made more of an effort to showcase the new kit than sign players and even then they **** up the release of it so it comes out a month after the season starts, truly shocking for a club of this size, I will donate £10 to VT (sorry Im skint) if we finish above the blues this year....

I'll just reply to one bit...

Agbonlahor 13 in 33 Prem games last year.

Carew 10 in 30 Prem games last year.

Utter bollocks there. Posting for effect, YAWN.

So good mate that last season in the Premier League CENTRAL MIDFIELDER Frank Lampard scored 22 goals in 36 games which betters both of our strikers records, as for posting for effect, well Im a grown man and dont need a reaction from a website to make me feel good, just stating facts...

I think this is a fairly silly comparison to make, Chelsea scored 103 goals last season compared to 52 which we scored so obviously Lampard's records is bound to be damn good.

Yes, I would love to have another striker but

1) You'd have to replace Gabby for this 'new striker' in a 4-5-1 formation, and I doubt we can attract someone experienced who will more than 1 in 3

2) For the midfielders we have and the way we play, a 4-4-2 doesn't work IMO

3) Gabby's strike rate last season wasnt that bad! Hopefully he can notch up the goals this season

Again, I would have loved another striker... it hasnt happened, but is the team weaker than you thing, I dont think so. I'd love to see Ireland up there with Gabby and help out with the goals, the same goes to Young.

The quoting order is **** up arghh I never said that, it was Leafy :lol:

Who wants to watch dreadful home football?

I think most wouldn't care as long as AV win the games.

You'd be surprised. In a different thread after someone said Mowbray should be our new manager, I asked if they would prefer to see so called "pretty" football from Mowbray, but see us finish 16th, or watch so called "bad" football but see us finish 6th.

The answer was 16th. Madness if you ask me.

Seriously, who **** cares if we have to wait until January to get some new players?

We have a pretty good squad at the moment and we need to get the right man in. The right choice is vitally important and it's only fair to Randy, who hasn't done anything visibly wrong since taking over, to give him time to make the right decision.

Buying a striker or whatever is not really going to solve anything at this stage - we need a manager more than we need anything else by a very long **** way.

We might as well then employ a player manager who can cover as a striker, central mid, LB and goalkeeper.

'A pretty good squad' eh? Lets see then where we are by January?

Lots to look forward to.

No i dont but i do love moaning twunts. Im sure we will get on well.

:winkold:

i do 2. lolz. x.