Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

The squad we have is a good one. Very good, in my opinion. The swapp Milner. Any new manager will have plenty to work with.

No offence mate but are you deluded or what, we do not have a very good squad far from it, we have one left back, a striker who cant score, a midfield back up of Salifou and Osbourne, a back up right back with no Premier League experince in Lichaj, Agbonlahor & Carew are never gonna score the goals to get us anywhere, Downing is average, we are severley weaker without Milner in our midfield and just content season after season to have the smallest squad, why we cant see the need for a decent striker is beyond me, as a club we have made more of an effort to showcase the new kit than sign players and even then they **** up the release of it so it comes out a month after the season starts, truly shocking for a club of this size, I will donate £10 to VT (sorry Im skint) if we finish above the blues this year....

I'll just reply to one bit...

Agbonlahor 13 in 33 Prem games last year.

Carew 10 in 30 Prem games last year.

Utter bollocks there. Posting for effect, YAWN.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many overreactions.

How are people overreacting? If Petrov and Reo get injured for long spells, we're f**ked in the middle of the park.

In November we have 3 games in 7 days, at the end of December we have 4 games in 9 days...That's without any cup games thrown in.

If we play most of this season like we did against Everton we're going to get A LOT of injuries....

are you shifting opinion?

So many overreactions.

How are people overreacting? If Petrov and Reo get injured for long spells, we're f**ked in the middle of the park.

In November we have 3 games in 7 days, at the end of December we have 4 games in 9 days...That's without any cup games thrown in.

If we play most of this season like we did against Everton we're going to get A LOT of injuries....

I have to agree, all things considered its been a fairly low key reaction so far. Some clubs, the fans would be burning effigies by now.

So many overreactions.

are you shifting opinion?

Delph, Ireland and Sidwell and injured at the moment so theres 3 players that can cover.

Fans asked for the youngsters to get a chance and now they can.

Well I'm glad we haven't appointed a crap manager and let him spend millions on shit players.

He's just left...:twisted:

I joke, I joke. MON wasn't a crap manager, but he wasn't a brilliant one. He wasted a horrendous amount of money and left us in a shocking position just because Randy wouldn't continue to fund his gathering of crap players. We've been competing with the likes of Spurs and Everton spending similar to spurs and about 3 times as much as Everton and still have gaping holes etc etc...

Manager is more important than getting anyone and getting some players in who will be no good come next season.

Of course, if we now appoint Southgate, everything is irrelevant.

Randy has inadvertently put himself under a LOT of pressure to get a top manager now. If the manager isn't a big success in his first few games, he will be under fan pressure from the off.

So many overreactions.

Because we haven't signed anyone so many people are turning on the owner and going on about how we're going to be in a relegation battle this season etc etc

Have peope not considered that a manager is more important right now?

I say, wait until the manager is unveiled and if it's someone who we could've gotten weeks ago or who generally isn't good - then we can start with the conspiracies.

Were is the ambition people anothe rtransfer window and nothing at all even these small clubs are making us look laughable.Same shit every year we dont have a big enough squad or the quality that'a what we always hear show some ambition villa!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The squad we have is a good one. Very good, in my opinion. The swapp Milner. Any new manager will have plenty to work with.

No offence mate but are you deluded or what, we do not have a very good squad far from it, we have one left back, a striker who cant score, a midfield back up of Salifou and Osbourne, a back up right back with no Premier League experince in Lichaj, Agbonlahor & Carew are never gonna score the goals to get us anywhere, Downing is average, we are severley weaker without Milner in our midfield and just content season after season to have the smallest squad, why we cant see the need for a decent striker is beyond me, as a club we have made more of an effort to showcase the new kit than sign players and even then they **** up the release of it so it comes out a month after the season starts, truly shocking for a club of this size, I will donate £10 to VT (sorry Im skint) if we finish above the blues this year....

I'll just reply to one bit...

Agbonlahor 13 in 33 Prem games last year.

Carew 10 in 30 Prem games last year.

Utter bollocks there. Posting for effect, YAWN.

I didn't say that. :@

Were is the ambition people anothe rtransfer window and nothing at all even these small clubs are making us look laughable.Same shit every year we dont have a big enough squad or the quality that'a what we always hear show some ambition villa!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Ambition, they could of hired a shit manager and brought shit players and sold our best players but they waited to get the right man, what is wrong with that.

Where would that leave us then.

I've never been one to talk about transfers other than the Ireland and Milner swap....How am I shifting opinions?
Just asking if your concerns over the transfer dealings were the start of a shift that's all, nt having a go.

Ireland and Milner aren't the same player though.....You can tell Ireland should be behind the striker where he can work his magic.

So? The problem being stated is depth.

We had the same depth last year, and the same amount now with an improved Albrighton.

I'm not denying we need more midfielders but it's been a case for over a year now.

Manager is more important than getting anyone and getting some players in who will be no good come next season.

Of course, if we now appoint Southgate, everything is irrelevant.

Randy has inadvertently put himself under a LOT of pressure to get a top manager now. If the manager isn't a big success in his first few games, he will be under fan pressure from the off.

Appointing the new manager was always the biggest decision Randy has to make.

Find it laughable that the same people who are decrying Randy and Kmac for their lack of nous are also demanding that they should have made signings before the window closed. Once MON flounced off we were in 'batten down the hatches mode'. New manager first and then look to strengthen in Jan. In the meantime we have more than enough to compete till then.