Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a fantastic player, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen him once since he left Arsenal. The season on loan last year in Germany will have helped him regain his form nicely.

Well at least we can be safe in the knowledge that even if MON was still here we wouldn't have been interested anyway :lol:

Moyes will bring in Suarez tomorrow.

I hope you mean today or it will be too late! :lol:

Can't believe we have had over 300 pages of this and still look likely not to sign anyone. It pisses me off even more when you see Huntelaar go to Schalke 04 for £10.5m and Hleb being linked with Blues ffs. Although to be fair, Schalke are in this seasons CL.

This leaves me questioning MON. If he hadn't wasted so much of Randy's money we may well have had a couple of decent players joining us today. Might sound fickle but it is true. Hleb is being linked for a fee of £5m and we paid that for Sidwell who is looking at a possible loan move to the Baggies!

If KMac is put in charge, serious questions will need to be asked about not strengthening.

Kmac at most will only be a caretaker, I think it quite obvious why we are not strengthening ATM!

I too would like us to strengthen and what we really need is a new striker, but good strikers like Suarez, Toivonen or perhaps Huntelaar will not come us because they have the chance to sign for much bigger clubs, playing in the UCL.

If we had a manager we would probably sign some player(s), maybe even a striker. Still, it would most likely be someone like Keane, Cole, Zamora, Gyan etc., which tbh isn't really that much of an improvement on what we now have.

I can't see us bringing anyone in Today but it's possible some players could leave.

From the BBC Transfer deadline day feed:

From Neil Atkin, via text: "Don't know if this is good or bad for the Toon but I've just drove past their training ground only to see Emile Heskey chatting to Chris Hughton!

You're the third person who has said that. Just saying...

It could be BS, but the bit underneath about 3 people stating that is good news IMO!

If KMac is put in charge, serious questions will need to be asked about not strengthening.

Well if KMacD has only told the board today, or even yesterday, that he wants to be considered for the job, he hasn't really given them much time to back him in the market has he?

He said he recommended two players according to a previous comment on here.

Kev: I think Bill and Bob would be two good signings.

Randy: Ok, thanks. So have you decided if you want the job?

Kev: I'll let you know in a few days, I need to talk to my girlfriend about it first.

Randy: Ok, thanks. I'll be right here on the edge of my seat if you're looking for me.

------Some time later-----

Kev: Ok, I'd like to be considered for the job.

Randy: Ok, thanks. I'm in Europe at the mo, but I can't tell you where cos TheTrees is a big tease. We'll have a chat when I get back.