Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be very surprised if Henry goes to West Ham, in fact I'd be very surprised if I were to find out that the offer for him was serious.

Mssrs Gold and Sullivan have a history of shoveling shit at their fans to encourage season ticket sales.

(On the other hand if he's available he'd be welcome at Villa Park for a couple a seasons.)

He flat out won't go to West Ham. People need to stop worrying what the rumour mills are saying about who we might sign or sell. They are simply there to fill pages often 80-90% are pure guesswork with little substance that are the easiest way to get fans talking and fill content requirements. Just because we are linked with Carlton Cole and Eidur Gudjohnson does not mean we'll sign them, just as much as City aren't going to be signing Ribery or Di Maria. Neither are we going to be selling players before we can buy. It's times like these you just need to ignore the transfer speculation until something is posted on the OS. Honestly, I'm not worried.

West Ham are after Thierry Henry, if theyv'e got the nuts to try things like this, we surely must be able to ourselves. Must be worth a punt, even for a year and high wages?

I don't think anyone has said we're incapable of buying players that are past it and are looking for one final payday.

Henry is lined up fora move to the new York redbulls I believe, no disrespect to JPA but that should tell you all you need to know....

Mate you've got to admit that even if "he's past his best", his average is better than a shitload of strikers!? He could be that sub who can turn a game on it's head with a moment of brilliance! Alla Berger, or even the way Phillips is used at Brum.

Also a star quality which would undoubtedley boost our profile.

A la Berger.

IIRC Berger had one single moment of magic in the entire time

he was with us, I would have used Berger as a prime

example against why we shouldn't sign Henry....a lot of money spanked on wages for **** all return.

Which is what we would get from henry now.

After a long hard 15 hr shift at work I get home and this thread cheers me up no end.

Look lets face it, we have got as much chance of signing Kaka as Thierry Henry, but the point it, some people on here think he's "over the hill" and "wouldn't touch him with a barge pole !" :crylaugh:

And yet, some of the same people think we should sign players like Lee Catermole.

Cheerts for cheering me up all.

Pu it this way. An over the hill 31yr old, bought last year has just done absolutely crap for Inter Milan tonight !.

I will state this, with a touch of sarcasm, but lets face it, probably a lot of truth in it.

Thierry Henry at the age of 48 , would be a better forward than Emile Heskey aged 28 !

Oh, and Petrov, definately, but again , absolutely no chance. If MON won't play Luke Young or NRC after "spats", Petrov would have no chance !

I agree,

I like Keane and think he will come herre. Now it isn't my money so as long as we buy good players, I don't care if they cost 2m and we get a bargain, or 30m and we get ripped off - as long as they perform, what do I care.

But if I was randy, I think if I was quoted 15m, I'd think I'd just gone to the Edinburgh Fringe !

Pu it this way. An over the hill 31yr old, bought last year has just done absolutely crap for Inter Milan tonight !.

Milito is 30.

Henry is 32.

Your point is invalid.

And so is Emile Heskey

I think I'd rather have a 32 yr old Thierry Henry than a 32 yr old Emile Heskey to very much :D